Chapter two: Gloom

Song: Nine Lashes~ Anthem of the Lonely

First person POV: 

I let out a small sigh, time to meet this so-called Undertaker. Why can't Will go himself if he finds this man so interesting? Oh, well...

Second person POV: 

After last nights events, you were tired and rather groggy at that. Grell still had your death scythe, and Will wouldn't let you have it back until you found out about this so-called Undertaker. Reluctantly you crawled from underneath your warm (favourite colour) blankets, into the coldness of your bedroom.

 Groaning you made your way towards your lavish dresser. If you were going to be surrounded by death, you may as well act the part. Saying that you were always surrounded by death, you were a Shinigami after all. Instead of your normal classy (favourite colour) outfit, you chose an outfit you thought more appropriate for the task. You wore black from head to toe, a black thigh length coat, a lace top with short sleeves, and a skirt stopping just below the ankle. You topped off the look with knee-high leather boots and black glasses. Normally you would wear your (favourite colour) pair, but they didn't seem quite right with your morbid attire. After changing you tied your (hair length)(hair colour) hair into a neat bun, and secured the top with a (favourite colour) rose. After applying a small amount of makeup, you left your bedroom, descending the steps from your small apartment to the busy street below. 

It was 10:30 am, and the streets were busy with vendors, market stalls and crowding people. You had to be at Undertaker's shop by 11 am, so you figured you would go find food. Taking a step further into the cobbled street you saw a sweet shop called 'Bob's Sweets', the colourful candies in the window immediately grabbing your attention: swirling rainbow colours,  gobstoppers bigger than your head, fizzing lollipops, and huge bars of chocolate. Taking interest in the delicious confectionary  you ventured over,  dodging the bustling crowds and weaving in an out of the people who chose to deliberately walk in front of you. Once you had finally made it to the shop, without falling over, you entered it. The warmth of the shop engulfing you immediately.

As you walked further into the shop, you saw more candy than you could have ever imagined. The shop was quite large and was one of your favourite places to visit if you had the spare time. All around you were jars filled to the brim with the most delightful looking sweets you had ever seen. There was a selection of hard candies to your left of varying colours, some perfectly round looking like marbles, some pear-shaped, and some transparent in colour which you guessed either tasted of peppermint or lemon. To your right were chocolates, truffles, marshmallows of varying sizes and liquorice and aniseed assortments. In front of you, near the counter, were warm doughnuts, biscuits and hazelnuts and fruits swirling in melted chocolate. You inhaled, you could almost taste the sugar in the air, it smelled sweet and comforting. Then out of the corner of your eye, you spotted what you were looking for, (your favourite type of confectionery.) And you instantly took a liking. Fishing money out of your coat pocket you took the sweets and proceeded to pay. Behind the counter was an old man with a friendly smile. 

"Will that be all miss?" The man behind the counter asked. He looked up from packing your sweets into a bag, his eyes lingering on yours for a moment longer than necessary. Most humans seemed intrigued by the double green irises. He wore a white shirt with a black necktie and a multicoloured pinstriped apron over the top. He had white hair with a bald patch in the middle and a moustache that twirled at the ends. You smiled back at him. 

"Yes sir," You replied politely, glancing at the small clock stationed on the counter. 10:55 am. Realizing you had spent way more time staring at candy than you originally intended you quickly paid, deliberately avoiding any unnecessary conversation, snatched up the sweets from the counter and left. Yet not before muttering a quick "Have a nice day, Sir," to the old man who was, to say the least, a little shocked from your sudden change of drastic behavior. 

Briskly you exited the shop, emerging onto the cold cobbled road and began walking hurriedly down the high street.  According to a map you had found the night before, and stuffed into your coat pocket, the Undertaker's shop was 5 minutes away. Checking your pocket watch the time read 10:57. Picking up the pace you began to shove your way through the mass of people, earning displeased grunts from those around you. You were NOT going to be late on your first day. After a little more pushing and shoving, a shop with a grey sign was before you. Undertaker

You checked your pocket watch again, this time it read 11:01, sucking in a sharp breath you opened the door to the shop, your emerald green eyes adjusting to the gloom quickly. 

Looking around you saw dusty shelves crammed with books, skulls, pots and almost every odd and end you could think of. Averting your gaze to the walls you saw they were lined with coffins, each and everyone made carefully with such fine detail. One coffin, in particular, got the better of your curiosity, taking ginger steps forward you reached the coffin. It had a deep dark rich coloured wood and was decorated with many skulls, but what took your interest was the (favourite colour) swirling letters that decorated the front. Almost forgetting your true reasoning for being in the shop, you began to trace your index finger over the elaborately painted name. It was only then that you realized what the letters actually spelt. A small electrifying shiver ran up your spine. You stopped cold. 

The room became almost ice cold in your moment of panic-stricken fear. Adrenaline pumping through your veins. Maybe being the Undertaker's apprentice was harder than you thought, but you sure as hell didn't want to die. The coffin readout: (Y/N) (L/N) 

Closing your eyes you turned around; calming yourself as you did so. Perhaps you could sweet talk Will into giving your death scythe back and carry on reaping, even if that meant a ton of overtime and a flaming Grell in the package. Surely he could give this task to someone else? Why did you have to be the one sent out to find out about some Undertaker? Oh yeah... there isn't a reason...

A sudden thought popped into your head. You could leave now as Undertaker hadn't seen you yet. He would think you just never showed up, and then employ someone else by lunchtime. Yes, that would work. Pretend you never came, and not have to find out why there was a coffin with your name on. Brilliant!

Reaching a conclusion, you opened your eyes. Before you stood a tall man, wearing a grey shawl over a long black coat. His silver hair was longer than Grell's reaching down to his thighs and there was a single thin plait on his right side. You noticed his ears were heavily pierced and the scars all over his skin. He was also looking directly at you, with burning pickle coloured eyes. Merde. 

"Hello dear, I was beginning to think you weren't coming." The strange man laughed a little for no apparent reason.  And in that moment your plan was completely foiled. 

Thanks for reading!! If you have time please follow Mythologys, (my friend in real life,) link:https://www.wattpad.com/user/Mythologys

Have a nice day/night~SukuraGirl31