Chapter seventeen: Grimace

Song: Motionless in White~ Death March

"Grell what are you doing here?" I demand before Claude can get a word in. I hear Undertaker smirk quietly to himself.

"I have a soul to reap."

Without warning, Grell chucks me my death scythe and I spin around instinctively lunging at Claude. The end of my scythe shreds the trails of Claude's coat as he steps back, his glasses flying off his face and shattering on the floor.  The next thing I know Alois is throwing himself at me, pinning me down against the plush carpet and Grell is kicking Claude in the face. As for Undertaker, well, he's sitting behind the desk where Grell was, helping himself to a tray of tea and biscuits. 

Using my strength I push up against Alois forcing him off me and onto his back. I guess he didn't like me trying to cut his butler down to size. Suddenly Grell falls on top of Alois, almost stamping on Alois' face as he falls, his chainsaw flying down the corridor. I can't see Claude but I can hear his laboured breathing- he's pissed. 

Lying on my back I proceed to get up but Claude starts to pin me down. His nails digging into my forearms drawing blood. kneeling into my stomach the Butler weighs a tonne and my ribs feel like they're going to snap like the biscuits Undertaker is snapping to dunk into his tea.   "Bastard!" I hiss at Claude, wincing against the pain. Then I see a flurry of red and the weight of Claude is gone. 

Thud!  

Grell throws me his tie, like he threw Claude against the wall, before skipping down the corridor and Grabbing his scythe. Then high kicking Claude in the face. Alois snivels and blood is dripping from his nose; it's clearly somehow broken. I crawl over to Grell's tie to allow myself time to recover before ambling over to Alois. I bitch slap him ignoring his cursing.  I bitch slap him hard; then I bind his wrists behind his back with Grell's tie.  The sound of Grell's chainsaw is fainter now; the fight has gone elsewhere.  We're taking this outside. 

I pick up my death scythe preparing to exit the room, but not before throwing Undertaker a glance. "What the hell are you doing?" I ask the madman who's sipping tea like it's a leisurely Sunday afternoon. Turning to him I give him my angry stare. 

"Drinking tea dear," Undertaker replies whilst adding another sugar lump to his cup. "I'll catch you up later when I'm done." Undertaker motions with his arm for me to leave. 

"You're being useless!" I exclaim helplessly, trying not to run him through with my scythe.  "I'm probably carrying your child and you're sitting here drinking breakfast tea when I could die!" Undertaker smirks, seemingly unfazed. 

"It's Earl Grey actually," Undertaker sniggers, pouring himself another cup. 

"I don't care what is is! Help me!" I half scream, half beg kinda thing whilst resisting the urge to throw his tea down him. 

"You'll be fine dear, don't you worry. I have other more important business to attend to right now. I even have the delight of babysitting Trancy! Off you pop love, " Undertaker smiles comfortingly, even though I want to chuck him off a bridge. With a huff, I leave the study, ready to find Grell. 

I traverse through a labyrinth of corridors, following both blood splatters and the sound of a fast moving chainsaw, till I emerge through the second set of heavy polished oak doors. 

Re-entering Alois' courtyard through a second exit, I go outside. 

The rain lashes down on me like a punishment and the wind blows a chill deep into my bones. Lightning strikes and thunder growls against the dark sky. Pathetic fallacy is great, isn't it? I begin to walk over to where Claude and Grell are, yet not before a shower of silver butter knives fly through the sky and a single gunshot is heard. 

Immediately Undertaker embraces me from behind and Ciel, Sebastian, Mey-Rin, Bard and Finny emerge into view from behind one of the manor's stone pillars. 

"Good evening Miss (Y/N)," Sebastian calls whilst Ciel reholsters his gun and gives me a quick nod of acknowledgement. 

Claude's lifeless body smacks against the pavement and Grell starts to reap. Each and every one of us ignores the feral animal like screeches of Alois banging against the study window crying for Claude. How he got out of the restraints I don't know- I don't really care. 

I feel bad for using Claude and Alois as bait and leverage, even if I really did hate Claude. In the back of my mind, I ask myself if Alois deserved that; for me to kill the man he seemed to love. I push those thoughts aside. 

It's time to avenge my parents. It's time to take down the one who killed my family. It's time to end my turmoil and make a fresh start. 

It's time for revenge.

Plot twist! What do you think? who's responsible? I hope you enjoyed, have a great day/ night ~ SukuraGirl31