Chapter ten: Ginger

Song: Get Scared~ Told ya So

(Y/N) POV:

I lay still in a warm embrace.  For hours I cried salted tears wrapped in Undertaker's arms, with him ever gently rocking me to sleep. He must think I'm a useless assistant, constantly crying and being unconscious for who knows how long.

 I must have dozed off at some point, as now I rest in an equally carefully gilded coffin as the one I saw earlier. What surprises me most is that the grey-haired mortician also lays peacefully at my side, his arms carelessly draped over my waist. Sighing as the realisation hits that I won't be moving anytime soon, I peer up at the very man who decided to bring me into his 'domain' of a coffin.  For what seems like the millionth time, my eyes ascertain on something they really did not expect.  

Between the flow of silvery bangs I see a face so flawless not even the Greek gods could have sculpted it themselves. Every inch perfect in an undying and unique way.  But what grabs me most is not the scar, the awesomely precise cheekbones or the closed eyes with lushly full eyelashes to die for, but the slightly ajar rosy lips parted into a devilish grin.  With the rows of pearly whites flashing on show, I can't help but build up a sort of sense that he deliberately smiles to show them off. Truthfully it amazes me that someone who works in such a morbid profession could have so many laughs and keep a smile on their face no matter what. I suppose happiness really can be found in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light. (Dog shaped cookie biscuits for everyone who knows the origin of the quote I made reference to.) 

Awkwardly I find myself staring at Undertaker's teeth, slowly becoming numbly aware of anything that may happen around me. In my trance of random teeth staring I begin to think of who Undertaker really is. Surely 'Undertaker' is not this man's real name, is it? As I try to recall any give a ways to the man's real identity, a light bulb switches on in my fogged mind. Could Undertaker have been the one who was there when I was little? Was this the strange man who was staring at me when I met the seldom of my misery? And if so, does he know what happened to my parents? So many thoughts hurdle through my jumbled brain... who is this guy? Yet before I can comprehend any more of the possibilities of finding out the were bouts of my parents, a familiar voice echoes in my ears. "Deary, you're not a tooth pervert are you?"

Blushing a deep crimson I avert my eyes to that of Undertaker's from his teeth. Staring back at me with an even bigger grin and an insanely loud snigger is Undertaker.  If Undertaker is the shinigami who I thought to be in my past, then he must know what happened to my parents, right? Without thinking anything through properly, an outbreak of words find themselves falling out of my mouth. Despite all the questions I could have asked one, in particular, jumped out first. "Undertaker, what happened to my parents?"

Undertaker's face fell...

Thanks for reading!! :) Please tell me what you think!!~ Have a nice day/night~ SukuraGirl31