Chapter Seventeen

I couldn't make eye contact with him after I said that, looking down at the ground instead. Kyle's arms had stiffened around me and I waited for a response. Hopefully one that wasn't "well, sorry, but I don't feel the same way because you're ugly" or him bursting out laughing. Or him throwing up, for that matter.

Minutes passed and Kyle still hadn't said anything. I kept my eyes away from him and on the ground, but I assume that it was a good thing he hadn't removed his arms from around me. Either it was because he liked me too, or it was because he was in to much shock to actually process what I had said. Let's hope for the first one.

Wait, I hadn't even said I liked him! I had said he was perfect. Therefore, if he reacted badly to something like that then I would have no chance with him. If he reacted badly to me telling him he was perfect, though, he would be out of his mind. Didn't all guys want to be called perfect?

"So," Kyle said, "You think I'm perfect?"

"Well...uhm...that's what I said..." I responded awkwardly, keeping my head down.

"Now, I'm probably interrpretting that wrong but whatever. I need to do this." As he said that, Kyle grabbed ahold of my chin and turned my face towards him, forcing me to make eye contact.

"You need to do what?"

Kyle said nothing in response. Instead, he leaned forward and met my lips with his own.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"So you guys are dating!" When we heard those words, Kyle and I lept away from each other, my eyes widening as I spotted my brother standing in the doorway.

"Well..."

"Don't you dare say you were just kissing her, Kyle. If you say that I will rip out your throat and cut out your insides and your heart. Don't you dare say you kissed her without asking her out."

"Kissing her was sort of my way of asking her out...she hasn't really answered with a definite yes or no, yet."

"By the way you guys were making out, there, I would assume the answer is yes."

I looked down and nodded shyly, wanting to excuse myself from the room.

"Well, is the answer yes, Bell?" Kyle asked me, his face slightly red.

"Of course the answer is yes, idiot," I replied, laughing slightly. My face was probably bright red, possibly resembling a tomato.

"Thank God."

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Monday came along and when Kyle came to pick me up before school, he came right into the driveway. I still haven't gone to see my mom, but I had been calling the hospital to see if her condition has changed at all. It hasn't, though, of course.

Luke was still against bringing me to the hospital, anyways. He still claimed that if mom woke up, she might not want to see me. Oh, how great that obviously made me feel. The love I felt radiating from my mom everyday was obviously still there!

I rushed out the door when I saw him drive up, causing him to just stay in the care and unlock the door. Getting out would be pointless since I was already almost to him.

"Hey babe," I said, leaning over to give him a small kiss when I got into the car. Maybe we were moving to fast, kissing right away and all, but I had never been in a relationship. Maybe we were supposed to wait or something, but it all just felt right so why put it off?