Chapter Fourteen

When I woke up the next day, the sun was high in the sky and was shinning through my windows in an attempt to blind me. Obviously this was because the whole would was out to get me and ruin my life forever. Being blind could do just that, now, couldn't it?

I would never understand how people who were born blind or lost their sight managed to live their lives normally. Well, not normally, but how they managed to do the same things that they did during their lives before they became blind. Or if they were born blind how they learned to live while they were blind. Okay, now I make no sense.

Looking over at my alarm clock, the time read one fifteen. So it was the afternoon. I had slept for however many hours and had woken up after noon so I guess that made it the afternoon. Wow. That's...terrible.

Sure, I had fallen asleep around five in the morning, but still, waking up after one in the afternoon is way to late. Especially since I needed to go to school in three days, when Monday came around again. I mean, I could only miss so much time.

Now, what would I do to pass the time until Kyle would be coming to help me complete the homework that I would have prefered to let sit there for eternity? Well, go on this lovely thing called Wattpad, of course. What else was there to do in this wonderfully boring world?

-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-

Three hours later, I heard the doorbell ring downstairs. Immediatly, I got off my Wattpad app and made my way out of my room and down the steps, trying to get to the door before others in my family. Why I still bothered to do this, I had absolutely no idea. They had already heard the doorbell ring, and there was no point trying to deny the fact that I had a friend who happened to be a guy who I invited to my house. Well, technically we were going to the library. Or that's what I thought.

When I reached the door, I saw that my brother had gotten there first and had opened it, inviting Kyle into the lovely place that is my house. Which wasn't that lovely.

"Hey! You must be Kyle, right?" My brother greeted when Kyle stepped into my home that wasn't really my home. The place you call your home is where you should feel welcome to do and act how you please, right? Well, if that's so, this place is not my home.

"The one and only, in the flesh," Kyle replied with a smile before he looked down at his shoes. "This is really a beautiful place."

"Stop trying to be polite, Kyle. We all know you're the weirdest person on the planet who doesn't give two thoughts to how a house looks," I interrupted their little conversation, walking towards Kyle. "Aren't we going to the library?"

"Well, I was coming to get you, then I noticed I was low on gas and I didn't have any money so I decided that I had enough to get home from here and to the gas station that's a block from my house so I just thought we could do the work here..." Kyle trailed off awkwardly, looking down at his hands and shifting his weight between his feet.

"Oh. Well, I guess that's fine. As long as we stay out of sight and quiet, no one will even notice we're here," I mumbled the last part quietly.

"How about you stay in sight while you do your work. I don't like the thought of the two of you alone together." My brother choses now of all times to become that terribly overprotective brother? Why?

"We're alone a lot of the time. You just make it sound like we're doing things we aren't doing," I told him, raising my eyebrow. "Why did your overprotective side decide to come out and play today?"

"I just don't like the idea of you and a guy together, in the same room, where no one can see you and he could take advantage of you," My brother replied, shrugging.