Chapter Six

"Who's that girl?" That's the first thing that Kyle's brother said when he got into the car. Not a "hello" or "thanks for picking me up" to his brother. He asked who I was, like he didn't already know.

       Well, when he heard my name he would know. He would hate me just like everyone else.

       "I'm Sabella Marie," I told him, expecting him to immediately glare at me, or something like that. That was obviously foolish of me, though; he was just a little kid, still. He probably didn't understand why everyone hated me. Maybe he hadn't even heard about me, seeing as he was in elementary school still.

       "Cool name," He said before he turned and looked out the window.

       Of course he hadn't known who I was by my name; I was an idiot. They had just moved here like two weeks ago or something. This kid wouldn't have heard about it in his grade, either, seeing as he was just in fifth grade now.

       "Uhm...thanks." My voice was uncertain as I replied before we lapsed into silence.

       When we got to the park, Kyle's brother (who's name I later learned was Mark) immediately raced over to the swings. He immediately started to a kid who was there already, a smile lighting his face.

       Kyle and I made out way over to one of the benches, sitting down in silence. So this was what it was like to actually have friends, is it? It was rather boring.

        "Hey, are you hungry?" Kyle asked me after a minute, "You didn't really eat much at lunch."

       "I keep forgetting to put money into my account, I get what I can," I said with a small shrug, looking down.

       "Let's go get a hot dog." He stood up, reaching out to grab my hand to pull me up.

       "I have no money."

       "My treat. I say we're going to go eat a hot dog and you'll deal with it." With that, he called over his brother.

       Ignoring his hand, I stood up on my own and yawned. We started to make our way over to where the hot dogs were being sold, and to do so we had to cross the street. The sad part it, when we got there, the line had about ten people ahead of us.

       Why did so many people want hot dogs at the same time as us?

       When we made it to the park and sat back down on the bench with our food (we had gotten fries to share, too) Mark ate as fast as he could. When he was done, he went rushing back over to the kid he had been talking to earlier.

       "I didn't do it," I randomly said, trying to avoid silence again.

       "What?"

       "I know I'm accused of murder or whatever, but I didn't do it. They have no evidence for a reason, and they only have the witnesses. But that wasn't enough for them to hold me on, so I got let go after forty eight hours."

       "I never said you did it."

       "I know, but...yeah. Everyone, and I mean everyone, always has the suspicion that I did it. Heck, even my family hate me and believes my old friends over me."

       "Wait...your family hates you? Did they like, kick you out or something?"

       "No, I still live with them. They just don't talk to me and I can't be in their presence most of the time."

       "Is that why you don't really eat unless it's really late at night?" He asked me, glancing over at me as I picked up a fry and nodded at him. "They're idiots."