Stay with Me

When I got home later that day, I was nothing but smiles.

The dentist did an amazing job on my teeth, and he even used a white cap to make the filling less noticeable.

Darry embraced me in a hug and said, "That's my girl."

Regretting it immediately, I noticed he was in oil stains and smelled really bad.

Sodapop then pulled me away from Darry's strong grip and tickled me to death making me laugh and said, "Your teeth look nice, Lolly."

He looked around the room while setting me down on his lap and said,

"May I have your attention everyone?" The gang all turned and looked at him.

I let my little hands wrap tightly around his waist as I smiled up at him.

He continued smiling at me, "I have an announcement to make..."

Suddenly, I could see the fear in his eyes as he said announcement.

Steve spoke up, "We're listening, pal."

Soda cleared his throat giving Steve a reassuring smile thanking him.

He continued once more, "Umm yeah so I kind of have...a new girlfriend."

Everyone immediately stopped what they were doing and looked at him.

We were all nervous and the tension was so tight you could honestly hear a pen drop to the floor.

Soda replied to our quietness, "Yeah, umm so her name is Daisy, and she's really nice."

Johnny and Ponyboy both exchanged nervous glances.

The last girl Sodapop dated did not end so well. She like ripped his heart out.

We had to pick up the pieces while she left him. Sandy was horrible.

Now, he's dating a girl named Daisy? We all had no words.

Darry finally asked him, "Well, Soda, where did you meet her?"

He gave a shy grin and answered, "We met at an art lesson downtown."

Darry furrowed his eyebrows and asked, "You like art?"

He bit his lip, and his cheeks instantly became red.

"Well, umm, no I kinda pretended to be interested in art just to talk to her."

Well, that's kind of sweet I guess...but he wasn't being totally honest with her.

Darry then gave a stern face and said, "Err...Soda, we all know how it ended with Sandy.."

Soda stopped him, "But Darry it won't be like that this time."

Suddenly, Darry replied back fast, "But how do you know it won't be?"

Ponyboy then interrupted and said, "Darry, Soda is happy again. Love is love, so we shouldn't push it away."

Johnny's cheeks turned a dark shade of red as he then stared at his converse trying to make it unnoticeable.

I looked away pretending that I didn't see anything. What's going on?

Darry sighed giving in, "Alright, you have my approval, but I want to meet her."

Soda gave him a big smile and said, "Of course I invited her over for tomorrow night."

Happy, I smiled at him showing him that I was on his side.

I really was excited to meet her.

Especially since she is an artist.