The Sleepover

Saturday Night...

Evie picked me up from my house and we were both wearing our matching pajamas.

I was really excited for this because I've never been to a sleepover before.

After I stopped talking, kids thought I was weird so Darry pulled me out of school.

I've never had any friends before that would stand up for me.

When I quit talking, I began to sit by myself at lunch, and play by myself on the playground.

But Evie was going to be with me tonight, and I was happy for that.

Evie pulled up to a random house and knocked on the door.

The house was nice but it was in Soc territory, so I was a bit frightened.

Mrs. Karen opened the door and said, "Oh, you guys are just in time! Come in, come in."

I walked in to see they had a beautiful home with cute details.

Once walking in, Mrs. Karen said to us, "Okay, if the moms will help me outback that would be great. My husband left for work, so he didn't have time to set up the tent for me."

Every mom followed her out the back door. I knew Evie knew how to set up a tent, but she was worried about me.

He turned to me and asked, "Is it okay if I go help?"

I nod my head while smiling at her, and she left me to go out back.

I looked up at all the girls in their pajamas. I really liked Maddie's pjs.

I saw that Caroline was sitting on their sofa and beside her was Diane and Charlotte.

Diane was on her right, and Charlotte was on her left.

Maddie and Darla were watching something on the tv.

It did not look like Mickey Mouse though, so I decided not to watch it.

Caroline was holding a book and she had finally noticed my presence:

Caroline then said, "Diane, I owe you a quarter the mute did show up tonight

Caroline then said, "Diane, I owe you a quarter the mute did show up tonight."

Diane and Charlotte began to laugh as the other two paid no attention.

Just then, Evie walked back inside but no other moms followed her.

She said, "Hey, Lollipop, I'm back."

Caroline jumped to her feet and said, "And look what the mute brought in. My name's Caroline...do you talk?"

Charlotte giggled at Caroline's comment but Diane got nervous.

It was clear Diane didn't want to get in trouble with her.

Evie looked at me confused then back at her and asked, "Excuse me?"