Me and Evie

I woke up to Soda coming and waking me earlier than usual.

He said, "Get up, Lolly, it's time for you to get dressed for ballet."

I sat up in bed and the minute I did I fell back on the relaxing mattress.

Soda laughed at me and tried to encourage me again to get up.

I shook my head and began to cough as if I were really sick.

He felt my head and said, "Well, you don't have a fever. What's wrong?"

I began to fake cough more so I wouldn't have to go to ballet practice with Caroline and the rest of the meanies.

He sighed and replied, "Okay, I guess you can stay here for today."

I grabbed the covers and pulled them back up to my neck.

"Well, I'm going to work. I guess I'll call Mrs. Karen and tell her that you're at home sick."

He kissed my forehead, and I nodded at him. I rarely ever get sick. I was honestly surprised he bought it.

He then said while leaving the door, "Hope you feel better soon."

After closing the door, I smiled to myself - finally I tricked him!

Now, I could stay home all day and not have to see Caroline and everyone else.

I was so excited! I began to jump up and down on my bed.

But that's when Evie opened the door saying, "Lolly, do you need me to-."

She looked up as I tried sitting down after bouncing.

She then looked at me suspiciously feeling my forehead and said, "Uh huh."

I let out another cough.

She asked, "Lollipop, do you honestly feel sick at all?"

I nodded my head, I had to stay home today even if it would kill me!

She tilted her head and asked, "Really?"

I then felt guilty for lying and shook my head sadly no.

She nodded and replied, "That's what I thought. What's wrong?"

I sighed standing up and twirled around again and again.

She asked, "Ohhh is it ballet?"

I stopped twirling and nodded my head a firm yes.

Evie then closes the door sitting down beside me. She said, "Well, I'll let you get away with it only just this time."

I smiled relieved she wasn't going to tell the boys and make me go to ballet practice.

She then laughed and said, "C'mon, we can have a small girls day. I know you don't get to do that much."

Girls day...oooooh right.

I got up from the bed, running to my closet, and pulled my backpack out.

Evie asked, "Hey, Lollipop, what do ya got there?"

I unzipped my backpack and pulled out the Mother-Daughter sleepover night.

Evie opened the card and read it aloud,

"Dear Mom,

This Saturday night your daughter and yourself are invited for a spectacular evening.

I plan on having everyone over at my house for a Mother-Daughter night.

Wear your pajamas! We will have so much fun playing games including: