New Addition

The door quietly opens and Darry slowly comes inside with something behind his back.

Curious as I was, I didn't ask what he had, but I could tell it was squirming.

He said, "Lollipop, we need to talk. Look, that lady you guys saw me with she was someone I had a meeting with."

I tilted my head a little to show him I was a little confused.

He continued, "I met up with her that Sunday to discuss an upgrade."

I gave him a small smile not showing much curve in my lips.

He replied, "But anyways I bought you a present because I felt like we were all spending so much time at work and you need someone to be with you."

He urged me to close my eyes and as I did so, I felt something run across my hand.

He then pulled his gift behind his back and laid it down on my bed.

"Alright, hunny, now you can open your eyes."

When I did, the best surprise anyone could ask for was sitting on my bed.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

It was all I ever dreamed to have.

It was the puppy I've always wanted a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel:

It was covered in brown and white hairs all over his body.

The puppy was adorable.

Darry said, "You can keep him but only if you can take care of him."

The puppy felt the urge to nibble at my tiny fingers playfully.

I giggled and pet him.

Darry asked, "So what's his name going to be, Lollipop?"

I wrote on a small slip of paper,
"Max"

It was a simple name, but I loved it for a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

He squirmed all over the bed, so I sat him down on the floor where he walked around getting used to his surroundings.

Darry then asked a little sad, "So, have you gone back to not talking?"

I looked up at him and nodded my head slowly at first.

He sighed and walked back down the stairs to tell the gang.

Once hearing about a new puppy, half of the gang began to rush up the stairs.

Pony and Johnny got in first but Two-bit was right behind them with Soda.