The serpents boy

Betty went to the headquarters office where the same boy who was hiting Archie sat and waiting.

"Ah, Miss. Cooper, meet our newest student. Jughead Jones."

- - -

Excuse me? This has to be a mistake. I'm so busy, with the River Vixens, and prom committee. I have so much going on Principal Weatherbee, with all due respect I don't think I can handle being a tour guide and mentor for a week."

Betty felt her heart racing, in what world did people think it was ok to volunteer others for things? Weatherbee's reasoning being she was the 'perfect' student for the job, and he didn't entrust anyone as much as her. He knew she'd get the job done. She could almost pull her hair out at that. She had so much going on in her own life, so much going on at home, she didn't need to add babysitting a stubborn Serpent to her list.
Miss. Cooper, I can promise you that this will be a breeze. You're so talented, I'm sure you have an organizer or something of the sorts with you, Mr. Jones can shadow you and you won't even know he's there. Do it for the community, do it for the Southside, help them in their time of need. I'm sure you heard about the flash flood?"

The meek blonde just nodded her head.
Fine. I'll do it."

The balding man clapped his hands enthusiastically, "Fantastic! This will look remarkable on your transcripts, Betty. You won't regret this, that's a promise." She regretted it already.