Chapter 7 : A New Acquaintance

‘’Pick out something interesting.’’

I demanded and plopped on the sofa as Daniel went through his ridiculously large collection of movies. He practically owned every interesting movie in the world, especially horror ones. We loved watching horror movies; they were just so – thrilling. Carmen would have been with us too but she excused saying that her shift had changed.

Though I personally believed that it had something to do with that guy she met; whoever the hell he was. She didn’t even know his name for heavens sake! But right now that was the least of my worries. Today was the first day of my job and I was supposed to be at the café on five sharp. Daniel was my ride but I bribed it to him. In return I had to watch the movie with him; not that I minded.

As soon as I came in the house Dale was leaving, after the stunt Drake pulled today I was a bit baffled. I had never felt so weird in front of Dale, but he caught us in the most awkward situation and it seriously worried me. Drake Sullivan was trouble; he was evil and I was quite aware that he had plans for me. I read somewhere that out of thirty two ways of avoiding troubles, running away is the best option. Hence I decided that I would stay away from that conceited jerk head.

‘’Insidious or House?’’ Daniel’s voice snapped me back and I looked at him questioningly, he held two CD’s in his hand,

‘’Insidious’’ He went to the DVD and started the movie, getting up I turned off the lights and leaned back on the cushion. Daniel took off his cap and laid beside me.

‘’So how was the play practice?’’ He sounded excited and I had an urge to tell him that it was his fault that I had to deal with Drake Sullivan but right now I wanted to take advantage of the situation.

‘’Yeah it was good.’’

‘’I bet but when I asked Dale he totally flipped and looked in a bad mood.’’ My heart skipped a beat and I totally forgot about the movie, I turned my head and faced him with my full attention.

‘’He was angry? Did he say something about me?’’ Daniel gave me a puzzled look and shook his head,

‘’Was he supposed to?’’

‘’Uh, no’’ We watched the movie for a while and then I decided it was a right time to ask him something,

‘’If I ask you something, will you be totally honest with me?’’ He shrugged and replied,

‘’Depends on what you ask.’’

‘’What is with you these days?’’ 

He faced me with an alarming expression and was about to deny when I stopped him with my hand,

‘’Cut the bull and tell me the truth, you act so weirdly around us; especially Carmen. Evens he is afraid of you now, that’s why she asked me not to tell you she met a boy that_’’ I gasped and shut my mouth immediately; I really had a big mouth.

Daniel narrowed his eyes at me and sat up all of the sudden,

‘’Carmen met a boy? Why didn’t she tell me?’’ He sounded angry and disappointed and I had a sudden urge to confirm my suspicions.

‘’She knew you would get angry.’’ He slumped and then gave me a weird look,

‘’No, it none of my business and I am not angry.’’ He said it with some sort of determination in his voice and I almost believed him. Almost.

‘’So are you going to tell me or not?’’

‘’Tell you what?’’ I sat up too and looked him straight in the eye,