Chapter 9

Four days. It's been four freaking days since the encounter with the strange men, and it's now Friday.

I haven't seen them since, but I feel as if I'm being watched, especially now. But I realize that it's Mary once I feel a cool drift pass through me.

I'm sitting in my room at the computer desk in front of my mirror, staring at myself. It's about six-thirty or something in the morning. The lights are dim giving my room a freakish look to it.

I woke up at five in the morning due to Mary making noise which she claims to be her haunting, and I couldn't go back to sleep since then. So at first I started to walk around. Then I started listening to music on my phone. It doesn't help me fall back asleep, however it does relax me.

I turn around to see Mary very transparent; nearly invisible. She's probably still worried about the idea that I called those men, even though I didn't. I've already told her a million times that it was Trevor because he told me that, but she's still refused to talk to me these past few days. All I could get out of her is small chitchat, and even that took a day to get.

Damn, that ghost has trust issues. I think and let out a sigh. I continue to listen to the song playing.

I look back to the mirror. My red hair is up in a messy bun and my pink glasses are on. I'm wearing a short sleeved light pink shirt that says, 'I may be cute but I have ninja skills' with a little ninja under the writing. I'm also wearing a pair of my skinny jeans.

Considering that today if field day, I can wear whatever I want to school, however once first period ends I'll have to change into my P.E. uniform so I could participate in the activities.

I look back at the clock as a song finishes and I turn off my phone, taking off my headphones. It's now seven o'clock. I look out my window which is behind the mirror and can see the sun slowly rising.

I fix my hair letting it hang loose and I brush it straightening it out a bit. I then grab a pink hair band and pull up my hair placing it in a high pony tail.

"Mary, you should get ready too you know." I say turning to my bed to face her.

She doesn't say anything and just nods. The poor ghost is sitting on my bed looking down onto the floor. She looks exhausted, odd.

"Mary, if you want you can wait in the car, I'll bring you some food." I say sweetly and put on a light smile. "Just make sure you remember to bring your P.E uniform."

She looks up at me and nods again. "Okay, I'll see you later then." She says and fades away.

I stand up from my seat and lift my arms up, stretching. I flip on my lights and begin to pack school stuff that I left laying around on the floor last night. Even though it's field day, I still need my first period items.

While putting my text books into my book bag, I hear the door to my room open.

I turn around finding my dad stand at the other side. When is he going to be leaving? I think and sigh. "Hey," I say and stand up.

"You're up early today." He says smiling. "I thought you slept till noon."

"Yeah, and I thought you would still be in jail." I mutter and instantly regret it as I see a frown form on my dad's face. "Sorry," I say. "I'm in a crappy mood, I woke up at five and couldn't fall back asleep, I didn't mean it."

My dad nods. "Okay," he starts and walks up to me. "I missed you, you know that right?" he asks touching my shoulder, the eyes that resemble my own look into mine. Did I get anything from my mom? I ask myself.