Chapter 1

"Bye Sharon, have a nice day at school!" My mother calls out as I walk out of her car.

I walk into my new schools building. It's the beginning September, and just this past weekend I have moved all the way from California to Virginia. I sigh to myself; I guess transferring in the beginning of the year is still better than the end, right?

A mass of several kids roam the halls, and they keep bumping into each other, and me. "Jesus Christ it's a mad-house in here," I mumble to myself, trying to get by. "I have to find the office quickly," I continue at I look through the hall ways.

I try grabbing a person in front of me, a girl with long blackish hair. "Excuse me," I start, but instead she shrieks and runs over to someone else, completely ignoring me.

"Well, that's enough socializing for today," I say to myself, my hand still reached out to where she was first standing.

Retracting my hand, I quickly adjust my glasses, and once again attempt to make my way through the crowd.

But before long, someone tends to bump into me again and I drop my books and fall on the floor, knocking my glasses off my face. "Hey, watch it!" I yell, frustrated.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry." Someone says grabbing my arm and helps me back up onto my feet.

My vision is a bit foggy, so I can't see the kid so clearly, but based off his voice and his tall outline I can assume he's a male. "Um...thanks. You're the first person to say sorry after bumping into me." I say.

"Oh, here," He says handing me my back glasses.

I put them on and see him clearly now. He's a boy with dirty blond hair and brown eyes. He looks about my age and is wearing the male uniform of a yellow shirt and black jeans. I have yet to receive the yellow shirt and black skirt of my uniform so for now I'm wearing my favorite light pink shirt and blue skirt.

"I'm Josh." The kid says handing me my books. "I haven't seen you around before, are you new?" he asks. I must admit, he appears to be very handsome and kind.

I nod. "Yeah, and uh, my name is Sharon," I say, and once again adjust my glasses by pushing up the middle with my index finger.

"Ah, looking for the office?" He says.

And again, I nod.

"Well, you keep going straight, and then you turn right at the corner, and then walk that hall way, and turn left. Then you'll see a door with 'Office' on it." He says.

"Thanks," I say and readjust my bag.

"I've got to go now," he starts, "but I'll catch you around." He says and leaves.

Although he can't see it, I wave goodbye. I walk away and follow Josh's instructions and eventually find myself at the front door of the office, and open the door.

"Hello, who is it?" says a woman.

"Um, hi, I'm Sharon Golden. I'm new here." I say and walk up to the woman, nervously.

"Why, hello Sharon! I heard you were coming today. Please fill out this form, will you? By the way, I'm Dr. Lawrence. I am the school's Principal." She says and shakes my hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," I say as she hands me some papers to fill out.

I grab them and fill out my personal information, and while looking though them I notice my mother has already filled her share.

"Oh right," she begins, "your school uniform should be here by the end of the day, so before you go home please stop by to pick it up."

I nod my head and mumble, "alright," barely loud enough so she can hear, but from the corner of my eye I see her smile.