Chapter 6

A few weeks have gone by, and it's now October. Nothing has changed since Mary came along, and things are honestly starting to settle down. I've only been to my new school for a short while now, and to be completely honest, it's really not my cup of tea. It's nice and all, but at the same time I kind of hate it. The only friend I've made is Mary, if one can even call us that. Well, since she showed up we have gotten closer, so I guess you can.

The same old boring routine goes on every day. I have to wake up at 7:00 in the morning to start getting ready. School starts at eight. When I wake, I'm always woken with a scare because Mary has gotten used to staring down directly at me. I don't know why she does it, she just does, and trust me, I've told her to stop. Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten completely used to the fact that there is a ghost living in my house, or in this case, my room.

When I go to school, everything sets me off. It's dreadful. I really don't understand why I'm constantly being picked on by Lisa. I mean, Josh hasn't been actively talking to me as of late, so I can't consider him a friend, and I keep to myself, so, why? She even got a couple of her friends in on her daily fun. Mary keeps threatening them, but she never acts. I tell her not to, fighting back means they've won.

Like my mom always said, if you are being bullied, ignore it and pretend you don't care. Always come to an adult. I've followed her words, however I still haven't told anyone about it. I really don't want to. It'll just make more complications. Plus, it doesn't hurt me. I know I'm better than she is. She's just a sad person. However, if it does get worse, I guess saying something wouldn't cause too much harm.

After school, Mary continues to come home with me, pretending to be a normal school friend, and we work on homework. She then pretends to leave and comes back in through the backyard. I'm still surprised no one has noticed her yet but me.

Today has to be different. Probably not, but it's just the typical feeling I get for a typical old Monday, hoping this week could be better. Damn, Mondays are the worst. If they start off bad, it can lead into a bad week, and then everything is just terrible where you are missing homework and getting an 'F' in class and just spending you damn pathetic life feeling sorry for yourself.

I wake up noticing that for once, Mary is not in front of me, so I nearly forget about her. But when I walk into my closet to grab my uniform, I find her lying down on a bunch of my clothes. What is she doing? "Mary," I say, bending down to shake her. "Wake up, it's time for school."

Slowly, Mary rises. She gets up and walks towards my dresser, picking up my glasses, and hands them to me. "Do we have to go?" she asks as I put them on.

I nod. "You decided to come with me. You didn't have to come in the first place, but you decided to. Not my fault." I say taking of my pajamas to replace them with the school uniform.

Mary looks annoyed and goes into her human form. "Hey, you made a commitment to go." I remind her.

"Fine," Mary says. "Where is my outfit?"

I point to the shirt and skirt that are on top of my dresser. As Mary puts it on, I grab my book bag and I walk out of my room. Considering the circumstances of her having to sneak off to school with me, I've attached a smaller bag to my book back, telling my mom it had art supplies, when really it just has all of Mary's stuff.

She turns invisible, and follows me into the kitchen.

"Hi sweetie," My mom says when I sit down at the counter.

"Hey Shar," Trevor says using my nickname that no one uses anymore. Only he and my dad have ever used it.

I nod at him and my mom hands me a muffin on a plate with two pancakes. "Thanks," I say beginning to eat.