♱•Thirty-Seven•♱-Final

"Are you okay?" Renjun asks, watching as Jeno walks up to him, a police officer close behind.
Jeno had asked to speak to his father, he wanted to get some answers before everything became hectic with court.

"Not really" he mutters, his dark eyes lifting to meet Renjun's who stared back at him with pity. "He didn't say much. Nothing that I hadn't already figured out anyway" he smiles lightly although Renjun could tell it was fake.

Renjun moves forward, engulfing the younger boy into a hug and placing a soft kiss to his neck. "I'm so sorry, I don't even know what to say to make you feel better"

"You don't need to say anything. None of this is your fault, the fact that your still here is enough I promise" Jeno tightens his grip on Renjun, never wanting to let the boy out of his arms or sight ever again.

Suddenly the police station doors slide open and the two boys pull apart when they hear arguing.

"Get off me" Yeri says as her girlfriend tries her best to drag her back. Yeri spots Jeno and he could see the flames in her eyes. "Where is he! I swear I'll kill him!" She yells as she yanks her arm away from Seulgi and storms over to Jeno, wrapping her arms around him.
"I'll kill him Jeno" her voice was muffled as her head was buried into the crook of his neck.

"He's not worth it"
They pull apart and she spins around and takes Renjun in a huge hug too, shocking the brunette slightly.

"I'm so sorry. It was my fault he came after you, I told him about you but I didn't think for one second he would do this" she apologises and Jeno could tell she was holding back tears.

It was hard to digest that their own father would try to hurt them. His mother had been taken in for questioning however she claimed to know nothing, they were still keeping her though as the suspicions were still there.

Yeri pulls away from Renjun who gave her a timid smile "it's not your fault" he says and she only nods, looking down to hide her tears before wandering back over to Seulgi.

"Jeno. Renjun. A word please" Jaehyun says causing the two boys to move themselves into the office and drop into the seats. They almost looked zombie like. Donghyuck also stood in the room, arms crossed over his chest and his usual cool expression present on his face.
"I've got good news and bad news to share, which first?"

Jeno could tell that Jaehyun was using a somewhat cheery tone to try and shine some light on this otherwise dark situation, any other time Jeno would smile, but today he didn't feel like it. "Bad"

The older man sighs, finally taking a seat behind his desk. "The bad news is that we have to arrange a court date and unfortunately both of you are required to give evidence in the trial" he says and both boys have no reaction. They knew this already so it wasn't so much of a shock.

"And the good news?" Renjun asks. A silence falls over the room as Jaehyun looks towards Donghyuck who drops his crossed arms and makes his way over to Jeno before holding out his hand. There in his palm, was a shiny golden badge.

"What's this?" There was no expression in Jeno's tone as he eyes the shimmering badge.

"It's an official badge" Donghyuck says but Jeno only stares up at the redhead, still not understanding what he was saying. "Meaning we're offering you a permanent job as a detective".

Jeno's eyes widen slightly and he quickly shakes his head. "I can't, I-I didn't even do a good job on this case. I accused Renjun's neighbour of being a murder purely because he looked a little suspicious" he rambles, shutting up when he sees Donghyuck roll his eyes in annoyance.

"I'll train you. I'll teach you the basics and the rest you'll pick up. What I'm trying to say is that it won't be the same if your not here"
Jeno was a little shocked at what he had just heard. This was the first time that Donghyuck had been nice to him, had said that Jeno played an important part.

His eyes flicked down to the golden badge once again, finally a small smile creeping onto his lips as he picks it up, feeling the cold metal against his warm fingertips.
"Thank you"

"Welcome to the team Lee Jeno" Jaehyun smiles brightly and Jeno feels a hand slip into his own, his eyes moving to meet Renjun's.
Despite the fact that his whole life had been flipped upside down in one day, he felt happy. As long as he had Renjun by his side, Jeno knew he would be okay. That they would be okay.

•••••
A/N: Go Up was friggin amazing yet so damn emotional :')

Anyway yah gurl turned seventeen today (say the name) and honestly the MV was the best birthday present I've received.

Thank you so much for reading, this book has been really fun to write and I love reading all your comments. The epilogue will be up tomorrow.

Love you all~♡