♱•Thirty-Two•♱

Jeno knocks on the large wooden door, biting the inside of his cheek as he waits for it to open. He hears a pair of voices and the shuffling of footsteps before he hears the click of the lock.

"Oh Jeno" Seulgi beams with a warm smile as she opens the door wider to let him in the house. He returns the smile and shuffles in.
The house smelt like freshly baked cookies which added to the warm and welcoming feeling.

"Is Yeri home?" He asks earning a nod from Seulgi. She moves further into the house, passing by the photo frames that hung from the walls, some photographs were of Yeri and Jeno as kids and some of her and Seulgi.

He smiles as he examines one of the photos, recalling the happy memory in his mind. A five year old Jeno sat with his hair tied up with pink sparkly hair bands and butterfly clips. Next to him stood a very proud looking Yeri, whose hair was rather similar.

"Yeri's in the kitchen baking" Seulgi's voice snaps Jeno away from the picture and he continues to follow the girl through the house.

"Jeno!" Yeri yells once she spots her brother stood in the doorway. She wore a white floral apron around her waist and had smudges of flour on her rosy cheeks.
She rushes over to Jeno and engulfs him in a huge hug, placing a kiss to his forehead. "How are you, I haven't seen you since the night you stormed out of our parents house" she laughs a little which brings a smile to Jeno's lips.

"I'm good. You look so much better" He comments, noticing how she no longer held her stomach.

"I feel much better, I still have an ugly ass scar though" she mutters, glancing down as if she could see it through her clothing.

"Your still beautiful" Seulgi pipes in, placing a kiss to her girlfriends lips before stealing a cookie from the baking tray.

Jeno often found himself envying their relationship, how happy they were together and how much they cared. Of course Jeno cares about Renjun a lot and he was pretty sure Renjun cared about him too, but their relationship was nothing like his sisters.

Maybe after the case was over they would be able to have a relationship like this. Where Renjun moved into his house and Renjun could be the last thing he saw when he closed his eyes and the first thing his saw when he opened them.

"Um, I was wondering if I could speak to you about something" Jeno mutters, watching as Yeri began to munch on a cookie, leaning against the counter slightly for comfort.

"Sure go ahead".

Jeno takes a moment to think about what exactly he was going to ask before opening his mouth. "When you made a statement about the...incident" he cringed at his choice of wording but continued anyway "when you described what the suspect looked like what did you say?"

Yeri takes another bite from her cookie and shrugs. "I didn't say anything about the way he looked because I can't remember. I tried to, but my mind seems to have erased a lot from that night" she reaches for another cookie and hands it over to Jeno who gladly took it.

"So you didn't say anything about the way he looked?"
He takes a bite of the cookie, still slightly warm causing the milk chocolate to ooze out the centre.

"Nope. I couldn't remember so I didn't want to give false information" she wipes her crumb covered hands against her apron before she frowns at Jeno "why? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I was just thinking about something" he offers her a smile so she would stop the questions. She didn't look convinced but she didn't ask anymore.
"I have a boyfriend now" Jeno blurts in an attempt to change the subject causing Yeri to practically choke on air.

"What!? Why didn't you tell me?" The smile on her face couldn't get any bigger as she shakes her brothers shoulders.

"I guess I got distracted" he laughs a little at his sisters reaction. "The real reason I came here is because I want to take him on a date but I need ideas".
It was a lie, the only reason he had come was to ask about the statement but he didn't want her to be disappointed that he only came for that.

"Omigod! Start off by telling me his name, what's his personality like, is he fun or is he the boring but sexy type?" He was bombarded with questions and it made him smile to see his sister so enthusiastic about this.

"Well, his name is Renjun, and he's the fun but sexy yet still cute type" Jeno explains and Yeri grabs his hand leading him into the living room and sitting him on the couch.

"You came to the right girl"