♱•Eight•♱

The sound of Jeno's phone ringing wakes him with a start. The room was pitch black and it was obviously very early in the morning. He groans slightly and picks it up before placing it against his ear.

"Hello?" His voice was husky with sleep as he spoke.

"Jeno? Hey it's Renjun, I'm sorry for interrupting at this time but I've been told to come down to the station immediately, my boss told me to ring you too" the older boys voice says through the speaker and Jeno slowly nods, his eyes still closed. 

"Okay, I'll be there soon" he mutters once he realised Renjun wouldn't be able to see him nodding. He yawns slightly as he ends the call and drags himself out of bed to get ready.

He tried his best to wake himself up a little by splashing his face with cold water before getting into his car and attempting to drive. Safety first.

The whole drive down to the station his mind was a whirlwind of thoughts. What had they found? Had the caught the criminal?

Quickly parking, he hops out and wanders in. Renjun was curled up in one of the comfy chairs of the reception, he looked like he had been here a while. It was strange for Jeno to see him dressed so informally, not that Renjun always dressed in a suit and tie but he usually dressed a lot better. However now wore a plain black t-shirt paired with some grey sweatpants.

"Um, Renjun?" Jeno spoke up causing the older boy to jump slightly, he must have dosed off.

"Oh hey" he mumbles, sitting up in the chair and rubbing his eyes slightly. He looked so cute when he did that.

Jeno quickly shook the thought away and sat in the chair beside him. "What happened?" He asked but Renjun only shrugged.

"Donghyuck and Jaehyun have been locked in that office for over an hour now and I've been made to wait in case I'm needed. If I'm being completely honest I only rang you so I would have some company...sorry" he explains, looking down at his hands a little embarrassed.

"Oh...it's fine" Jeno laughs before glancing at the office door.
"Is it related to my case?"

"Of course it is, I wouldn't have rang you if it wasn't" Renjun says quickly as he gives you younger boy a sleepy smile. His dark brown locks hung over his eye slightly and for a brief moment Jeno felt the need to brush it away. Only brief though as the need soon passed.

"And they've told you nothing?" He asks only to earn a head shake.
"Damn"

"I'm really sorry for waking you" Renjun apologises once again only to be waved off by Jeno.

"It's fine, don't worry about it" with a bright smile he lets himself get a little more comfortable in the chair figuring he would be here for some time.

Now he understood why Renjun had pretty much come in his pajamas, he must be use to being called out late at night and being made to wait for hours on end.

Jeno only wishes he had thought of this fact before throwing on a pair of skinny jeans and a hoodie.
After shuffling around for a moment he finally settled in a position he found comfortable.

"How long have you been here?" Jeno asks, now thinking it was about time to bring up some sort of conversion. Renjun shrugs and checks the time of his phone, the artificial light casting a white glow across his face.

"About forty five minutes, not long" he answers and Jeno raises a brow.

"Not long? That's almost an hour" the shock was audible the in his tone and it made Renjun laugh a little.

"Some nights I'm sat in here on my own for over four hours, trust me forty five minutes feels more like forty five seconds to me" the brunette explains but Jeno still looked surprised.

"Jeez, is that every night?"

"No, but at least three times a week at the least" he smiles sadly before continuing. "Before I got this job, I moved into an apartment with my best friend and we use to make pancakes together every morning, and it kind of became this tradition that if we didn't make pancakes then the world would end or one of us would die..."Renjun laughs a little before looking down and fidgeting with his fingers a little. "...but now I'm barely ever there on a morning, and he has to make pancakes on his own, if he even knows how. This job is really full on" he sighs and Jeno once again feels some sort of urge to touch him, to comfort him slightly.

Slowly,Jeno lets his hand move closer to Renjun's shoulder, ready to rest it there in comfort, but as soon as the brunette looked up Jeno quickly pulls his hand back to his side.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have rambled about that" he laughs a little and leans back in his seat with a groan. "God I'm so tired that I'm getting emotional. I promise I'm not usually like this."

Jeno didn't mind the fact that Renjun was rambling, he found it all oddly cute, or maybe Jeno was just sleepy too and not thinking straight.

"It's fine...if you want you could sleep for a while and I'll wake you if those two come out of hibernation" Jeno says with a smile as he nods towards the office door.

Renjun laughs a little "are you sure? Don't you want to sleep?" Renjun asks and Jeno only shakes his head.

"Nah, I went to sleep pretty early last night anyway, besides you work hard you deserve a break" he says and sees something drift over Renjun's features but it was gone before he could figure out what it was.

"Thank you" was the brunettes only reply before he got comfortable once again and let his eyelids flutter shut.

Jeno couldn't stop the small smile from creeping it's way onto his lips as he watches Renjun curl up into a ball almost like a cat.
With a sigh he lets himself lean back slightly.

It was going to be a long night.