♱•Nineteen•♱

Jeno waits patiently at Renjun's car. Luckily he had walked today meaning his own car was safely at home, he didn't want a repeat of last time.

Renjun soon came into view and shoots Jeno a smile before unlocking his car.
"Where are we going?" He asks as they both climb in and slam their doors closed.

"Somewhere nice don't worry" his voice seemed softer than it had this morning and he seemed a lot more relaxed.
Jeno didn't know why Renjun wouldn't just tell him where they were going.

The older boy could see the hesitancy of his features "Jeno do you trust me?" He asks, his kind eyes meeting Jeno's.

"Yes" he said it even without thinking about it. He did trust Renjun. They had only known each other for a few weeks but he already felt like he would trust Renjun with anything.

A smile broke out on Renjun's face before he starts the car and drives off.
•••••

"It's getting pretty dark" Jeno comments as his eyes scan the scenery that shot past the window.

"Good, it needs to be dark, can you see if it's still clear skies?" Renjun asks, his eyes still focused on the road ahead of him.

"Uh, yeah" Jeno mutters, leaning back in his seat and fidgeting with his hands. He didn't know why he was suddenly nervous.

"Good" was all Renjun says before the car falls silent once again.
Only now did Jeno take in where they were. Miles and miles of bumpy country road lay ahead of them. Jeno could smell the sour aroma of wild flower through the vents of the car.

He still had no idea where they were going or what they were doing,but he didn't ask.

After another twenty minutes of driving, not a single ray of sunlight could be seen. The sky was now a thick black blanket and was studded with stars. Ribbons of moonlight was now the only thing illuminating the road once the headlights of the car had been turned off.

They were parked at the bottom of a dirt road, noting but fields on either side of them. "Why are we here?" Jeno finally asks, his voice sounding very out of place out here in the peaceful countryside.

"Were here for the stars" Renjun smiles, his eyes on the sky as he runs to the trunk of his car and pulls out a few things.
He soon comes back with a blanket, two pillows and a tripod?

"Why the tripod?" Jeno asks, although he already knew the answer. Renjun had mentioned a bunch of times before that photography was a hobby, and there was no other way of describing the sky other than photo worthy.

"If I set my camera to manual and increase the shutter speed, as long as I position my camera correctly, it will take a photograph of the galaxy" Renjun explains as he begins to set up the tripod, making sure his camera was secure on the top.

"But I can't see that galaxy" Jeno looks up one again to see if he had missed anything. He could see millions of stars, and the odd planet here and there such as Mars and Jupiter, although they just looked like even bigger stars.

"We can't see it, but trust me it's there, watch" Renjun squats down and angles the camera up at the sky before pressing down on the button. The camera beeps a few times before Jeno hears the shutter close.

Renjun turns to face the younger boy and smiles, the moonlight casting shadows over his face "come look".

Jeno takes a few steps closer and kneels down beside the brunette, his eyes moving to the camera. There on the screen was the most beautiful photograph he had ever seen. It looked as if someone had spilt a jar of glitter over the sky and Renjun had captured it beautifully.

"How?" Jeno breaths causing the older to laugh a little.

"There's a lot to explain, lets just say that a camera can sometimes see what our eyes can't" Renjun smiles brightly at the sky and Jeno smiles brightly at Renjun, once again finding himself unable to tear his eyes away.

Renjun takes a few more photographs of the sky before standing up straight, Jeno doing the same. He opens the car door and places his camera back inside along with the tripod.
"Come on" Renjun says before picking up the blanket and pillows that he had taken out before.

He moves and throws the blanket over the hood of his car before placing the two pillows on top. He jumps onto the hood and hugs his knees to his chest as he pats the space beside him causing Jeno to smile once again.

Jeno moves and sits beside Renjun, their shoulders pressed together as they look up at the starry night sky. He sighs in content, everything here seemed so peaceful and perfect, including Renjun of course.

"Jeno do you believe in aliens?" Renjun's voice tears through the quiet hum of nature causing the younger boy to glance over at him.

"Why?" He laughs slightly thinking the question was a little odd. Maybe Renjun was just tired or he was trying to make conversation although Jeno thought it was a rather weird way to start a conversation.

"Because there are billions of different galaxy's up there and I think it would be rather lonely if we were the only ones out there" Renjun moves his gaze from the glittering stars overhead and his eyes met Jeno's. They seemed to shimmer beautifully in the bright moonlight.

"I've never given it much thought really...does it make you feel lonely?" Jeno's tone was hushed as he didn't want to ruin the calming atmosphere that had settled over the two boys.

"Sometimes, but I don't feel lonely right now, your here" with that Renjun tilts his head back up, he shifts a little before laying down on the hood on the car, his arms resting behind his head.

Jeno couldn't help but smile a little as he leans back and lays beside Renjun.
There was one question that was dancing on the tip of Jeno's tongue. He wanted to ask but he didn't want to upset Renjun or break his mood.

With a deep breath he turns onto his side and his eyes linger on the brunette's face for a little too long. "Why are we here?"

Renjun didn't answer straight away, the question seemed to hang in the air between them for a moment before Renjun sighs, stealing a quick glance at Jeno before focusing his attention back onto the sky. "I thought we could both do with taking our minds off of everything for a while"

Jeno didn't even realise he was staring, a genuine smile present on his lips. He suddenly felt an urge to reach out and touch Renjun, the urge to brush his soft hair back, the urge to pull him into a hug and bury his face into his neck. Jeno had to clench his fists by his sides to resist.

He quickly snaps his gaze back up to the sky before whispering a small "thank you".