♱•Five•♱

Jeno's eyes flutter open and he takes in his unfamiliar surroundings. He still wasn't able to stay at his own house as people were still collecting evidence, secretly Jeno was thankful he wasn't able to go home, he would be far to afraid to be in that house alone right now.

He groans slightly as he rolls over and sits up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. It was strange to be sleeping in his old room at his parents house again, it felt like such a long time ago since he last slept with the comfort of these four walls.

Finally finding the energy to stand up, he places his bare feet flat against the cool wood flooring and stood up to leave the room.
The smell of freshly cooked pancakes and bacon fill his nose and he feels his stomach begin to rumble.

He hadn't been able to have a decent meal since the night it all happened which was now four days ago and to say he was hungry always an understatement.

"Morning honey" his mother smiles warmly at him before placing a kiss against his temple.
"Me and your father are dropping by the hospital after breakfast if you want to join" she says as she turns her back on Jeno to carry on making the pancakes.

He was about to say yes until he remembered that he had to start helping out on the case today. He decided against telling his parents that he was helping as he knew they would try and stop him.

"Um, I would but I actually have something I have to do, it's pretty important...I'll drop by tonight though" he rushes with a small laugh to lighten the mood.

His mother turns back to look at him, concern swimming in her eyes. "Jeno honey is everything alright?" She has been asking this question constantly since the night it happened claiming that although he was okay physically he may not be okay mentally. Jeno had tried to assure her that he was only a little shaken but she obviously hadn't listened.

"Yes mum, I'm fine I promise" he gives he a big smile before pulling out a chair and sitting at the kitchen table.

His mother returns to the bacon that was sizzling away in a pan as Jeno picks up the large pot of coffee and poured himself a mug.

"Where is dad?" He asks, only now noticing that his father had not yet surfaced.
His mother started to plate up breakfast and places it down in front of Jeno.

"He woke up a little late, he should be joining us soon" she quickly serves herself some breakfast before sitting on the opposite side of the table.

•••••

Jeno parks outside of the station before hopping out. He decided to dress a little better today, not to the extent of Jaehyun and Donghyuck, but he tried to go for the more smart casual look that Renjun was sporting yesterday, with a pair of black jeans, black leather shoes and a button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows exposing his pale arms.

He had also gotten a decent nights sleep which meant that the bags under his eyes had disappeared almost completely.
This he was thankful for.

As he steps into the building he spots a familiar looking brunette leant against the far wall, camera in hand as he was scrolling through his photos. He looked deep in thought as he flicked from one to the other, his brows knitted together and his lips pressed into a thin line.

"Hey" Jeno says, trying to sound as cheerful as he could.

Renjun looks up from his camera, still a looking a little confused at the unfamiliar voice but his face soon brightened when his eyes met Jeno's.