♱•Twenty-Two•♱

Renjun stumbles back into the police station, his brain now full of new information he was still trying to process. His camera hung around his neck and his hand reaches up to cradle it slightly, his other hand moving up to rub his tired eyes. Long meetings always seemed to drain him.

He stops when his eyes land on Jeno who sat in one of the comfy chairs, his face lit up by his phone and his fingers typing away. Renjun takes a moment to admire the way his black locks of hair hung over his face and the way the corners of his lips turn upwards in a small smile when he saw something amusing. There was no denying that Jeno was pure perfection.

Renjun mentally kicks himself. Tiredness caused his mind to wander... at least that's what he tells himself.

Clearing his throat a little, he moves closer to Jeno, catching the younger boys attention.
Jeno gives him an eye smile before standing from his chair.

"Here's your camera" he says, holding the rather old looking canon out for the brunette to take.

Renjun thanks him before resting his palms against the cool metal of the camera and taking it from Jeno's hands, his fingers gently brushing against the other boys by accident...or on purpose, Renjun wasn't really sure what he was doing.

"Can I ask you a question?"
Renjun only hums in response, too focused on trying not to let his eyes linger on Jeno's lips for too long.
"The guy that lives opposite you, what's his name?"

Renjun feels himself deflate slightly. That wasn't the question he was expecting. Why did Jeno want to know about his neighbors?

"I'm not sure, I've never spoken to him. I see him wander in and out of the building sometimes but I've never actually had a conversation with him. I don't think Jaemin has either" he explains, his tone sounding rather uninterested "why'd you ask?"

Jeno only shrugs "he just looked familiar"

Renjun nods, really not caring much. He didn't know why but in that moment he craved attention. He had just sat through a one hour meeting, taking notes and orders off people about things and objects to photograph, and now he craved real attention. Or maybe he just craved Jeno.

"Jeno I want to hang out tonight" he blurts although Jeno didn't look surprised, he looked more amused than anything.

"Oh, okay. What do you wanna do?"
He didn't sound very enthusiastic which made Renjun regret asking. Why did he believe for one minute that Jeno would want to hang out with him?

"Um, well you could come to my place for a while, we could watch a movie. Not a scary one of course" Renjun laughs nervously and it finally pulled a genuine smile from Jeno.

"Why not? You look cute when your scared" now it was Jeno's turn to let his eyes wander down to Renjun's lips, the older boy bit his bottom lip conscious that Jeno was looking.

"W-well, um, we can watch whatever" Renjun stutters, trying his best not let himself blush crimson. That would make this whole situation more awkward.

"Sure, I don't think your roommate likes me much though" Jeno finally moves his eyes back up to meet Renjun's who looked a little more interested in what he was saying.

Jaemin was the only other person who knew Renjun had developed a small crush on Jeno. Had Jaemin told Jeno? No he wouldn't do that, he was probably just acting like his usual weird self.

Renjun waves Jeno off as he turns on his heel, motioning for Jeno to follow "Jaemin likes everyone, well most people anyway, he's usually pretty weird so just ignore whatever he said" he adds a small laugh onto the end although he was only trying to cover up his own nerves.

"Oh okay"

They exit the police station and walk up to Renjun's car. "I have to stop somewhere first to take some photographs, but after that we can head straight to mine" with that he unlocks the door and they both get in.

It was silent for a moment as Renjun started to mess around with the settings of his camera, deciding it was best to do that now rather than when they got to the destination.
Jeno however was now watching the brunette. Renjun's brows knit together slightly as he turns the dial on the top of the camera and presses a few buttons. "Jeno can you pass me my satchel please?" He asks, his eyes not moving from the gadget in his hands.

Jeno reaches into the backseat and grabs the leather strap of the bag before lifting it into the front. Renjun rummaged around for a while before pulling out a larger camera lens and swapping it with his old one.

The older boy seemed to have a habit of biting his lip whenever he was concentrating and Jeno found it extremely distracting. He tried his best to not let his eyes linger too long but his mind and body didn't seem to be cooperating very well.

"Renjun?" His voice was quiet and soft as he said the name causing the other boy to look up momentarily, his large brown eyes meeting Jeno's.

"Yeah?"

Jeno's mind was suddenly blank. He had forgotten what he was about to say and quickly looks down to his hands. "Never mind"

Renjun only laughs a little before placing his camera back into the bag and shoving it into the back. "Okay let's go" he mumbled before turning his key and driving out of the car park.

•••••
A/N: I feel like I never do authors notes anymore sooo...hey! How is yah?

Okay I'll go now,thanks for reading~♡