♱•Thirty•♱

It was another miserable rainy day, thunder could be heard in the distance although Jeno didn't seen any lightning. The sky was so dark it may as well be midnight.

Jeno sat in the reception of the police station, watching the rain fall outside. He tried to stay calm but he would be lying if he said he wasn't worried.
He had been there for over fifty minutes and Renjun still hadn't showed up. It wasn't like Renjun to be late, he's usually the first one there.

He had sent a text asking where he was but received no reply, which worried him more. Obviously Jeno would assume the worst thing possible, dread filling his body from head to toe.

He was snapped from his thoughts when he hears a door open, instantly looking up to see Donghyuck. Jeno stands and rushes over.
"Has Renjun rung in sick today?" He asks, scaring the redhead slightly as Donghyuck slaps the boy's arm.

"God no need to yell in my face" he scolds and Jeno takes a step back.

"I'm sorry" he mutters as he looks down and sighs deeply "have you heard anything from Renjun yet? He's not here" he asks again.
He needed to know Renjun was okay. It was as if there was a knot tied in his stomach, getting pulled tighter and tighter with every passing second that Renjun doesn't show up.

"Not yet, he hasn't rang in so I'm assuming he's just running late" Donghyuck says before pushing past Jeno and moving behind the large desk, looking through draws, pulling out folded after folder.

"Damnit" Jeno mumbles, taking out his phone and checking to see if he had any missed calls or messages.

"I take it something's going on between you two" Donghyuck's voice causes Jeno's head to snap up. The redhead was flipping through papers as he spoke, not even looking up at Jeno.

"U-um what-"

"Don't act dumb. I saw you two holding hands the other day" he finally looks up at Jeno briefly before picking up another paper and skim reading it. "I'm just relieved he's finally over that idiotic roommate of his".

This makes Jeno freeze. Idiotic roommate? Does he mean Jaemin?
"W-what do you mean?" Jeno asks, feeling like he needed to know more.

Donghyuck sighs as he places the papers into a neat pile in front of him, his eyes lifting to meet Jeno's. "when Renjun first started working here, we were always paired up on cases. He would always mention that he had a small crush on his best friend and it stopped him from ever perusing a relationship with anyone else."

Jeno felt his heart sink slightly. Why hadn't Renjun mentioned this to him?

"Anyway, Renjun finally came to his senses, saying that the guy was too flirty and was constantly bringing guys over to their apartment. He said he was completely over him, I doubted him until I saw you two together the other day." He finishes, picking the papers back up and moving out from behind the desk.
"You didn't hear any of that from me" he points a finger at Jeno before moving back over to his office and slipping back inside.

Renjun use to like Jaemin? He sort of suspected it at first, but the way they act with each other doesn't scream that they have feelings towards each other.
Jeno didn't know why this mattered to him. Renjun was his boyfriend now and that's all that should matter.

All thoughts seemed to disappear when he hears the automatic doors of the police station slide open. Renjun had his jacket pulled up over his head, small droplets of rain sliding over his skin.
Jeno rushes over to him and pulls him into a huge hug, crushing the air from Renjun's lungs.

"Where were you? I thought something happened" Jeno's words were muffled by the older boy's hair, he kept placing kisses to the top of his head.

"Sorry, Jaemin blackmailed me into giving him a ride to school. The traffic around there was pretty bad. Apparently when it's raining it means everyone has to crawl along the damn road" he explains, pulling away from the hug with a smile.

Jeno's heart skips a beat for a moment at the mention of Jaemin. He mentally slaps himself, he shouldn't worry. Whatever feelings Renjun once had were now obviously long gone.

Jeno watches as Renjun pulls his jacket off, shaking it slightly and sending splatters of rain in all directions.
The brunette lifts his eyes to meet Jeno's, the smile still lingering on his lips.
"Are you okay?" He asks, folding his jacket up and placing it over his arm.
Jeno gives him a quick nod and a warm smile. "You sure?" Renjun didn't look convinced. Jeno seemed a little awkward and he had no idea why.
The younger boy gives him another nod and Renjun takes it, deciding whatever was bothering Jeno he didn't want to talk about.

Renjun takes a few steps forward and places a kiss to his lips. "I have some pictures to develop if you wanna join" the older boy smirks and Jeno instantly forgets about everything Donghyuck had said.

He takes Renjun's hand and practically drags him closer to the dark room. "Of course I wanna join".

•••••
A/N: so I've been changing the covers of my books lately and I decided to change this one too. It's not great but I think it looks better than the last one.

Thanks for reading~♡