6.2 | An Empty Trance |

Her name, why can't I remember her name?

Such a small insignificant thing. A blip on the radar of my entire being, lifetimes proceeding her in every sense. The only haunting memory I have is that familiar blonde hair. Lengthy and strangely perfect.

Strangely...

Why was it strange...?

There are shrieks not far off. The sounds of a struggling, weak girl. Not Remi, no. Someone else, someone who barely qualifies. But why? Why is my opinion of them so outstandingly low?

I try to blink, but the skin around my eyes is tight. Everything inside of me is failing to function because of the damn ocean.

The ocean...

Lindon...

I choke a little bit, my lungs filling up with air and something else. The water. My lips part slightly to coax some of the salty liquid into my mouth. The shrieks are distant because of the substance in my ears, my body drowning in this blanket of kryptonite.

With great focus, I can feel the pulse of the ground. The sea's heartbeat. His very essence.

My wrists feel a heavy weight pulling them down, chains coiling around my entire figure in an awkward hold. Heat burns through my system, the pressure manipulating the water to its boiling point all around me. I feel the tiny pricks against my skin. The metal loosens it's hold on me as my eyes burst open.

Shadowy silhouettes fight about the surface, several of them swimming in front of my eyes.

"Iridian!"

Now, this voice I remember. Her fluffy, disobedient hair and baggy clothes.

Ira...?

I close my eyes when they fill with tears. It feels like an all-consuming question, a pain in my chest and heart which grows in every second. He doesn't know where I am, he cannot see me. But the water feels my soul.

His thoughts are a question that bleeds into my existence.

He cannot hear me, cannot see, sense, or smell me. There is no communication in the world to meet our weak connection. Telepathy does not exist in the traditional way most would believe. Without a fresh connection, we were no good to each other. All I can do is cast out a prayer.

Hang on, Love...

The fire sparks in me again and the metal melts off my body. Steaming up and evaporating around me like someone parting the sea, I swim up and out. I do not breathe as a human would, there is no exaggerated panting or painful searing in my lungs. Only the slight calm of being on land and seeing Remi fight off a blonde whose every intention is to win.