1.2 | Dismembering October |

"That people like you brought this world to its knees," my whisper barely audible

"That people like you brought this world to its knees," my whisper barely audible. "Each god has there own power source, each god is of their own control, save for us. We are one Destroyer and you tore us down the center. I might be limited in my abilities for myself, but god forbid you touch him..."

"Who is him?"

"My other half, my equal, I am the Goddess of Balance. He is the God. We were made for each other, to uphold the balance."

Axel's eyes narrow slightly, his chin angling up as if to challenge me. "You're as weak as any other starving girl? Then what is there to stop anyone from killing him?"

A fire clicks, the metal drips off me like liquid honey and pools up at my feet, heat engulfing my eyes and raging through my veins. He steps back in shock as I straighten my back and crack my neck. "Are all Destroyers so terrible at listening? I said for myself... He's half of my strength, you insufferable maggot."

Another breeze sweeps the hair out of my face, my wrists screaming with delight as the heavy iron cools off on the ground below. I flex my fingers, feeling the cracking of joints as they relocate to an appropriate position. Shaking the molten liquid off my ankles, I step out of the metallic puddle and into the light.

Little did they know, breaking that seal did everything for me.

Sun graces my skin, creating a glowing aura. With scale-like flesh, the humans didn't have to adjust to the temperatures the same as before. Though it doesn't appear too different from my own, each scale seems too tightly compacted to be individualized yet. A developing mutation.

Axel is certifiably terrified, backing away very slowly while I adjust to my newfound mobility. His steps are so uneven, a breeze might knock him onto his ass. Ebony is hovering by the stairs. She's clearly ready to escape at any given time, only preparing to hang around for the chance at staying near Axel.

Tapping my fingers together, I run them through thick coppery clumps of my sweat infested hair. "I need a shower," I whisper into the air, void of direction. Sniffing the air around me, I scowl.

Desperately.

Reeling myself back into the situation, I step up into Axel's personal space. My eyes trek over every small feature, from the freckles on his nose to the dirt hiding inside skin cells. "You never answered your 'sister', Axel. So, tell me, are you stupid?"

He stutters, his back hitting the wall. Something steels over in his eyes and I understand the position he's going to put me in. The tall boy straights up and pushes out to hover over me. The ever-present alpha-male complex grows in an attempt to subdue me.

The growl that rolls over my face is hot. He bares his teeth at me and aims to smack me across the jaw. In this split second, I have to decide whether or not to just alarm him or end it. I lower my hand again and take the impact full force.