Chapter 24

Octavia's point of view:

How can he really be fighting with them? I thought he cared about me. I thought he loved me. Why would he go and break my trust.

"Octavia there has to be a reasoning." Clarke says rubbing my back as I cry to her.

"No there is no reason, he has to have been playing me the whole time to find all of our weaknesses." I say not trying to listen to her

I have been crying for hours and I can't stop, it get as if my whole heart was being ripped out of me.

"O from what you have told me about him, he doesn't seem like the guy to do that. Especially if he ever did care about you." The word if broke my heart even more

"If Clarke. Exactly if he every cared about me. Like I said he was using me." I say almost as a yell

Everyone outside is preparing to fight. Getting barriers up, loading guns, making bombs.

"I'm scared Clarke." I say finally looking up to face her.

She nods while letting out a sigh "I am to Octavia. I am too."

She gets up and brushes off any dirt that was on her. "Here let's go see what's going on with the preparation." Putting her had out to help me up.

I don't want to leave this tent at all. Everything hurts right now but I do it.

"Octavia!" I hear someone yell from the distance

It was Bellamy.

"What?" I say starting to walk over to him.

"I went to him." He says stopping in front of me. "And.. why should I care, he was never going to help." I blurt out

He grabs my arm and pulls me to the side away from anyone.

"I don't know O. The things he was saying seemed real. He said he was just trying to get them to leave so he said what he needed to say. And it looked like he was leaving. Packs all piled up in the corner."

Did I just fuck up?