Dance With Me Through The Storm

"Why are we shocked?" whispered Cole.

"I don't know." whispered Jerry back.

Then it hit me.

"Wait... You're right, Cole. Why are we shocked? We don't even know you. Who are you?"

"My cousin."

"She wasn't asking you, Violet." said Brian.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you everybody. My name is Fred Wright."

"Which makes me Violet Wright."

"We don't care, Violet. Why did you do this?" asked Cole.

"She was a family member in need and the first thing I ever wrote is that I would have to be by my family no matter how crazy the situation would be and then my mum signed it. I know that it's crazy but so it's my family. Now that I think of it though, it wasn't worth it... so I think it's time to tell you something. Once, Violet actually send someone to the asylum. Her name is called -"

"Finish that sentence, I dare you." said Violet with fury in her eyes but you couldn't miss the worry in her voice.

"Lily Wright."

"You told me that she died." shouted Gilbert.

"I had to. My parents couldn't afford paying for both me and my sister. So, they wrote some fake information and before I knew it. She was send to the asylum."

"Why did they send her and not you?" asked Cole.

"Because it was her idea." said someone.

I looked behind Violet shocked.

"Lily..." I gasped.

"Hey, my favourite kindred spirit." She said with a proud smile.

I started to tear up.

"Lily, how did you get here?" asked Violet, frightened.

"No, Violet I think the real question is why do you keep on lying to everybody?" answered Lily to which Violet replied with...

"I never lied."

I rolled my eyes.

"What about the fact that you said that our parents sent me to the asylum when the truth is, that you told them I died. Then you changed both my name and my last name. Making sure to find a surname of a family that were definitely dead and didn't have any descendants. Oh but most importantly, the most crazy thing of this entire situation is that you did all of this because you thought that I liked Gilbert."

Lily finished her monologue and we were all shocked.

"W-What?" asked Gilbert speechless.

"Yes, Gil. She was jealous that you and I were closer friends than you and Violet and she did everything she could in order for her to have you all for herself." replied Lily.

"That's a lie." said Violet.

"Then, what's the truth?" asked Gilbert, slowly giving up.

"I wanted Gilbert for myself because... he was the only person who actually approached me and tried to befriend me. Everybody was like... Good Lily. Perfect Lily. Violet, why aren't you like your sister? Violet, you're a disappointment. You will have to be a housewife, no college will accept you." Violet spoke with so much hatred in her voice.