A Talk Into The Tunnel Of Love

Finally school's over. Wow, I never thought I would say this. I stood up and quickly went to exit the classroom when Diana shouted my name.

"Anne. Where are you going? I thought I would walk you home today."

As much as I love Diana. I needed to think. I was about to tell her that when somebody interrupted me.

"Can I join you?" said Cole.

"Yes, of course." said Diana.

Well, there is not getting out of it now.

On the way home. All I could think about was Gilbert and Ruby. I don't know why but it bothered me that they would hang out outside of school.

No, that's crazy. Maybe, I was just worried about Ruby embarrassing herself and I wasn't there to help her. Or maybe -

"So Anne... Gilbert's back." said Cole.

"And from what I've seen you guys came together." said Diana.

"Why would you think that? I came to school before he did." I said.

"By seconds." said Cole.

"So? It was a coincidence." I said.

"Why did you run next to me earlier, then?" said Diana.

"Because I missed you." I said with a small smile.

I was about to give her a hug but she lightly pushed me away.

"Anne. It's me and Cole you are talking to." said Diana.

"We won't judge you." said Cole.

"Alright. Fine. Gilbert came for breakfast because Marilla went early in the morning to his house to invite him and Bash." I got interrupted.

"Who is Bash?" said Diana.

"A man that lives with Gilbert. He seemed very nice but I didn't get to talk to him much... To be honest. I don't remember if I spoke to him at all. Heaven's sake. That sounds so disrespectful. I should go and talk -"

"Anne. Please focus on the whole Gilbert situation." said Cole with a chuckle.

"Oops. I guess I got a bit carried away, again." I chuckled and continued.

"Marilla went to bring tea at some point and because I'm just that lucky. It was the same time Matthew went to open the door to let Bash in." I continued.

"Soooo, you and Gilbert were left alone." said Cole with a smirk forming on his face.

"Not by choice, Cole. Anyways, we talked and he said something and I kind of blushed a little bit." Cole's smile only got brighter.

"Long story short. He said I blushed and I was ready to explode at him but Marilla, Matthew and Bash came in. Bash was saying something about not doing that to Gilbert when I asked why they didn't let me know that they needed help but I didn't understand what he meant." I continued.

"Oh. I almost forgot. He gave me a fright. I actually thought that my heart went to Charlottetown and came back. Which in my opinion it's rude." I finished.

"What did he say? When you got scared." said Diana, curiously.

"I was talking about how it was a great day and then he said - "

"Why was it a great day? " said Diana and Cole in one voice.

"That's exactly what he said. How did you know?" I said, shocked.