I Owe Your Soul And You Owe Mine. Does This Make Us Soulmates?

Gilbert just froze again.

Was it too much information at once?

Nahhh.

"I..."

"Gilbert you said that already, are you planing on finishing your sentence or should I? Is it I am annoying? Not me you. I just said it as if I was you. You know what nevermind."

I was so caught up in my own world that I didn't realise that Gilbert was holding my hand.

Oh boy.

Am I blushing? Maybe, a little bit but I'm not sure. It's a possibility. Great now I'm annoying him... Wait, I'm thinking. Oooh. Then, I'm annoying myself.

"I'm sorry I didn't speak for so long I just needed to think. That was a lot of information to get in less than a minute Miss Shirley-Cuthbert."

I just stared at him. FINALLY.

"I can leave" I said getting ready to leave.

He just held my hand tighter.

"Stay. I want to talk."

"Why are you holding my hand?"

"I can let go?"

"I didn't say that, Gilbert. I asked why."

"It brings me peace and comfort."

"Oh." Yeah, I didn't have a clue what to say to that so for the, second? Time a didn't speak.

"Anne I care about you and I would never do something to upset you. Ignoring the whole 'carrots' incident which you gotta admit it was kind of cute." I gave him a look. He just shoot me an innocent smile. "Anyways, you could've told me from the beginning. Even though I understand why you didn't. Bottom line, is that I like having you around and I would really like if you would even consider being my g-"

"Friend. Yes, of course. This is my way of showing truce."

"Friendship. Not truce not nothing. Just friendship."

"Yes, friendship. You're a good guy and I would love if you were my friend."

"Friend..."

"Yes."

"Zoned..."

"Huh?"

"Nothing. Nothing. Absolutely nothing."

He seemed panicked so I decided to let that one slide.

"So, friend. Are we going to drink our teas or what?" said Gilbert.

"I already drank mine."

"When?"

"Well, I was chatting with the wall for a bit. Well, until you came back and I managed to finish it... With time to spare."