My Love For You Is Timeless

Cole wasn't lying. He came early in the morning and literally dragged me out of the door. He even made me breakfast. Now, we were on our way to school with me trying to go back home.

"Coleeeeeee."

"Anneeeeee."

"I want to go home."

"And I want to be accepted for who I am."

"I accept you."

I said looking at him.

"Because, you're you. Not everybody does. If they find out about me."

"What? That you are gay? Who cares?"

"They care, Anne."

He sighed. I just held his hand tighter. Letting him know that I had his back no matter what came our way, I would be there like he always is.

We talked a bit more and now we were standing in front of the door.

Deep breaths, Anne.

He is just a boy.

I-I mean it's just school.

No one cares about him...

Except well everyone....

"Are you ready?"

"No, I think I'll come back next year."

I said trying to leave.

"Too bad that won't be happening."

We were inside and obviously we were late because everybody was staring at us.

Cole walked me to my seat and gave everybody challenging glares so that they wouldn't dare to say anything.

"ANNE." that was Diana. I guess she needed a moment to calm down and now she was basically choking me.

"Diana, I know you missed me but you don't want to kill me, do you?" I said with a chuckle.

She let go of the hug and said.

"I've been worried sick. What were you thinking? You let Cole come and visit you but not me?"

"Diana..."

"No, Anne. I love you but that's really hurtful."

"I know." I said looking away.

"Will it happen again?"

"No."

"Then you are forgiven. Now, tell me. What the heck were you thinking?"

"Yeah." Charlie came.

"Charlie we are in the middle of a lesson, go back to your seat." I told him.

"Ouch. Princess Cordelia is too royal for us now? I'm leaving." He said dramatically.

"Anne....."

That was Ruby.

"Welcome back."

"Thank you." I said with a smile.

"Listen, I'll tell you what happened later. Right now I need to focus. You know because I missed school yesterday."

They just nodded and started writing.

I looked around and I locked eyes with Gilbert.

We just stared at each other.