Chapter 18

*BUZZ*BUZZ*BUZZ*BUZZ*

"Really Ryan? It's not even daylight out," I complained. I looked around and I was in yet another new bedroom. I thought back to last night and remembered, we were in Ryan's apartment.

"That's not my phone." he replied, throwing an arm around my waist and pulling me towards him. He began to nuzzle my neck as I reached for my phone. "Who's texting you this early?"

"Ann sent me another link." I opened the link to see the headline. RYAN SLATE AND NEW GIRLFRIEND TAKE NYC. I scrolled down and looked through the pictures, and as much as I already hated the paparazzi, I have to admit they did get some good pictures of us. I sat my phone down and rolled over to see Ryan had fallen back asleep again. I couldn't help but think about how the last few days with Michael, Ann and Marie were heaven, and yesterday was a dream come true, we went to time square and to see the statue of liberty, and went shopping. In the past two weeks my life had completely changed and I was accepting that and falling more in love with Ryan every day. I placed my cheek on his cheek, running it along his stubble, "I love you so much," I whispered.

"I love you more," he replied opening his eyes, his mouth went to my forehead and placed a lazy kiss in the center. "How do you feel?"

"Tired, I'm not used to all the walking."

"We barely walked seven miles, and it would've been less if I hadn't taken you to Fifth Avenue."

"Hey you're the one who took me in and in my defense that was the biggest Sephora I have ever seen! By the way you really didn't need to buy every single thing I picked up. I really didn't need it all."

"It's just money babe, and we've got plenty of it. If I knew makeup and shopping made you smile like that I would've taken you sooner," he replied with a laugh.

"But you were right it is nice to not be noticed in the crowds... We'll most the time." I showed him the article, his only response was a shrug of the shoulders.

"What's it say?"

"Just another gold digging, home wrecking, mistress whore article," I replied turning my head away in shame.

Ryan took my chin in his hand, "Hey we both know the truth and everyone else will here soon too."

"I was so tired last night you didn't even show me the whole apartment," I said trying to change the subject, "And you didn't tell me why we didn't go to your house."

"Don't worry about it, I've got it taken care of. So now it's time to shower," he stood and pulled my legs to the edge of the bed, kneeling between them.

"Ryan wait, I'm serious, you were pissed off last night after that phone call. Tell me what happened, no secrets remember?"

"No secrets," he breathed out. Ryan sat down his back against the wall and put his head in his hands and rubbed his eyes open. "I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want you to worry."

"I'll be fine tell me what's bothering you," I got in the floor and sat in his lap, trying to comfort him in any small way.

"Brooke broke in last night after it came out that we were back in New York, she's demanding we have a sit down and talk. Thomas and his team went there last night after you went to sleep."

I felt myself tense, "Did you go?"

"No," he answered, tightening his arms around my waist, "That part of my life is done; you're the only thing that matters now."

"Ok, so what happened?"

"Thomas told her to pack what she wanted to take and leave or he would have to get the law involved. After she left he took a look around the house and looked in the safe and he took note of what was gone."