Chapter 8

I just want to thank everyone who is still reading! If everyone could send good vibes and prayers to my editor rcrider1, I would appreciate it!
******

"Got anything to eat?" Ryan asked as we walked through the door.

"There's left over chinese in the fridge, and there may be a few bottles of booze on top if we didn't drink them all the other night," I yelled from my bedroom, as I stripped off my dirty clothes and slipped the yellow sundress over my head.

"Why is your fridge empty?" he asked, reaching above me and getting the gym bag I was jumping to get off the top shelf.

"Thanks. Ann used to do all the shopping and cooking. Now that she moved in with Michael, I eat at the diner or at Michael's. No use buying anything other than beer if I'm never home," I replied, starting to fold clothes to pack.

"I'm heading to Miami tomorrow."

"I know."

"And I want you to come back with me," he said, taking a on my bed.

"Pretty sure I already agreed to come."

"No I want you to come back with me tomorrow, so we can have a day to ourselves."

"I can do that."

"Well, that was a lot easier than I thought."

"What do you mean?" I asked throwing clothes on the bed.

"You always have an argument."

"I do not!"

"Point proven," he said, standing behind me wrapping his arms around my waist. "I always want you, but damn this dress, makes me want you even more." He placed a kiss right below my ear, causing me to let out a low moan. His hands moved lower to my thighs, and started to move upward towards my sex. "No panties?" he asked.

"Should make tonight more interesting."

"You fiend," I could hear the smile in his voice, while his finger stroked to my clit. I leaned my head against his chest as his lips moved down my neck. He spun me around, put his hands under my ass and picked me up, pinning me against the wall. I felt him through his pants as he ground himself into me, I bit his lip as he let out a strangled moan.

"Oh my God. Sorry," Ann said, walking out of the room. Ryan put me on my feet and placed his head against the wall.

"Just remember, we'll have a whole day to ourselves, and I promise I'll make it up to you." I whispered, rubbing my hand up and down his back. Ryan walked over to my vanity and looked at the pictures before walking over and laying down my bed. "Ann, you can come back in now," I laughed.

"I brought the jeep back, and Michael is on his way. So, if I were you I'd hide that monster in your pants," Ann laughed.

"Well, since you're here, you might as well help me pack for the beach."

"And New York," Ryan yawned.

"New York?" Ann asked.

"Yeah, he's gonna show me the city," I shrugged.

"Well, let's get started," Ann said. Just as she started to fold, Ryan started to snore softly. "Wow, that didn't take him long."

"We didn't get much sleep last night," I laughed.

"I wouldn't have gotten much sleep either," Ann sighed. "God he's hot"

"Honey, you're preachin to the choir!"

"Just look at him."

"Hey now, you're marrying my brother."

"You and I both know, I wouldn't trade your brother for the world, but I'm engaged not dead. I can appreciate a good thing when I see one."

"This one is mine."

"Careful Mila, your claws are showing. If you're gonna be with Ryan and marry him one day, you have to get used to women drooling over him."

"I'm trying," I sighed, "I guess I just don't get why he came back for me."

"He's in love with you!" Ann shrieked, "God, your skull is so thick! You can see it every time he looks at you, look at that picture you showed me. The look hasn't changed in five years, he's got it bad girl!" She said zipping up my bag. "What else do you have to pack?" Ann asked.

"Just my makeup," I said, when I heard the front door close.

"That's Michael," Ann stated, heading to the bathroom. "Go talk to your brother, I'll pack up everything else."

"Thanks."

I walked into the den and took a seat in front of the tv, just as Michael walked in. "I refilled your fridge with beer, and theres bourbon and whiskey in the cabinet, I figured it's the least I could do after last night," Michael shrugged, handing me a beer.

"Thanks."

"What's the score?"

"Red sox are up by four," I replied taking a drink.

"So, where's Ryan?" Michael asked casually.

"Asleep, and before you ask, I was planning on telling you. I just wanted to find the right time, and if it makes a difference, I really, really like Ryan. And I know you don't want me dating your friends but this is different, we dated before he moved and..." I rambled on as Michael started laughing. "What's so funny?"

"You think I didn't know about you all?" he chuckled, as I glared at him. "I've known since high school, and man every game Dad and I went to throughout college and last year he wouldn't shut the fuck up about you. It's annoying really"

"You knew all these years?"

"Yup," Michael replied, taking a swig of his beer, "But what I still can't figure out is why you didn't tell me. You usually tell me everything, or Ann, in which case it gets back to me anyways."

"Because if for some reason this doesn't work out, and it comes down to picking sides, I didn't want you to lose your best friend."

"Don't worry about me. Besides, there's no way I'd take your side," Michael laughed, "He has courtside seats for UK this season"

"You're a dick," I replied, putting my feet up on the couch.

"I tried to tell you he only likes me for my seats," Ryan said leaning against the doorframe.

"Have a nice nap?" I asked, sitting up so he would have a place to sit.

"The real question is who is he taking to the games this year?" Ann asked, pushing past Ryan taking a seat beside Michael.

"Me, of course," I said laying my head in Ryan's lap as he sat down.

"Actually, I got four seats this year," Ryan said running his hand through my hair.

"That's perfect!" I said sitting up, "Michael, make sure you take dad, so he won't be so lonely when I'm out of town."

"Where ya goin?" Michael asked.

"Oh," I felt the heat rise to my cheeks, "I'm going to New York with Ryan."

"Well, I think it's time to leave," Ann said standing up.

"When did you decide to move to New York and does Dad know?"

"This morning, and no because I'm not moving. It's just a vacation," I insisted.

"For now," Ryan smirked.

"Yall, it's really time to go," Ann said trying to change the topic.

"You," Michael said pointing to me, "Need to call Dad and tell him. Trust me you do NOT want him to find out from me. And you," he said turning to Ryan, "If you hurt her and I swear to God you'll regret it."

"There's no way I could hurt her," Ryan said looking down at me.

"Yup, it's time to go," I said, grabbing my keys, I walked out the door with Ryan in tow.