Chapter 6

*Buzz*Buzz*Buzz*

"Shut it off," I mumbled groggily, rolling over I landed right on Ryan's chest. He reached over and silenced his phone.

"Done," he muttered, wrapping his arms around me he buried his nose in my hair. Closing my eyes, I relished in his touch and tried to find sleep once more.

*Buzz*Buzz*Buzz*

"You've got to be kidding me," I growled, sitting up looking at him.

"Don't look at me like that, I shut mine off." I leaned over him to get my phone.

"It's Ann," I said confused, "Hello?" I answered, as he pulled me until I was straddling him. "Stop it!" I giggled, as he started to kiss my neck.

"So you are with him?" I could hear Ann's smile through the phone.

"Yes," I laughed.

"Look at the picture I sent you."

"Ok, I'm putting you on speaker," I said clicking the link. "FUCK!" I shrieked, rolling off Ryan and sitting up.

"What is it?" Ryan asked sitting up, suddenly alarmed. I showed him the picture of us walking into the hotel hand in hand.

"Mila, are you ok?" Ann asked still on speaker.

"I'll call you back," I hung up the phone.

He reached for his phone and turned it on. "Shit," Ryan said, "I've got to take this, it's my publicist, it's the fifth time he's called already.... Hello," he said answering the phone, as he walked out of the room, butt naked.

Opening up Facebook, I had over one hundred notifications and over 300 new friend requests. People kept posting the same article to my timeline, panic sat in just reading the headline. Ryan Slate seen with mystery woman at a hotel in a romantic small town getaway. I clicked on the post and started to scan the comments "Who is this homewrecker?" "A fiancé and a mistress? He sure gets around!" "Brooke is soooo much prettier!" "Looks like Brooke isn't the cheater after all."

"Brian, I pay you to fix things, so I don't give a fuck how you fix it but get it done.... Good, and make sure you keep Mila's name out of it," he snapped, hanging up the phone and walking in.

"I've got to go home," I said, choking back tears.

"What? Why?"

"If you're too embarrassed to be seen with me, then I should go." I said quietly, as the tears started to pour.

"Don't start that shit with me, Mila. We both know that's not why you want to leave."

"You don't know what you're talking about."

"The hell I don't, you're trying to leave because you're scared of what people will say about you, and about us. Please stay," he pleaded, placing his hand on my cheek. I agreed with a nod, not trusting myself to speak.

*Buzz*Buzz*Buzz*

*Buzz*Buzz*Buzz*

Our phones went off within seconds of each other.

"It's dad," I groaned.

"Hey mom," he answered, walking out of the room.

"Mornin pops," j said answering the phone.

"You're dating Ryan again and didn't tell me?"

"I thought he would've told you, after all you all kept in touch all these years," I retorted.

"He told ya huh?"

"Yup, but what I can't figure out is why you didn't."

"If I would've told you would it have made a difference?" Dad asked.

"Yes...."

"Mila," Dad sighed, "We both know you wouldn't have listened to me, the last thing you wanted to hear about was Ryan. All I've ever wanted for my children is to be happy, and I know you will be with him, I just wish you would've told me before I found out online."

"Who told you?"

"Your brother," Dad said annoyed.

"Ugh. I hadn't even thought about him. I don't know what I'll say to him"

"Sweetie you're not sixteen anymore, I highly doubt he'll care. He may be proud his sister is dating the Jets star quarterback," Dad replied laughing.

"I love you dad, I'll talk to you later."

"Bye sweetie." I slipped Ryan's shirt over my shoulders as I walked over and stood in the door way, looking at Ryan as he talked on the phone. Noticing me he held up a finger to tell me to wait.

"Yeah mom, I know...... No, this isn't the way I wanted the world to find out, but it's out there now so there's nothing we can do...... Yeah, she'll be coming with me tomorrow, we'll see you then."

"I thought I wasn't going to Miami until Friday?" I asked as Ryan hung up the phone and walked over to me.

"After what happened last night, there's no way I'm leaving here without you," he uttered, placing a kiss on my neck.

"I need a shower," I said. I could feel his eyes on my body, as I turned to walk towards the bathroom.

"Is that an invitation?"

"Come find out," I replied, as I slipped his button up shirt off my shoulder.