Chapter 26

♡ chapter 26 - Harry 

            Are you sure this is a smart plan?" Daniel asked as I stayed close to the bars, waiting for the guards to come for me for my own trial.

            "Not exactly," I told him truthfully, "but it's the only plan we have, isn't it?" I sucked in a sharp breath, glancing over at Rose as she stared blankly off in the distance. "Besides, I escaped twice before, so why can't I do it a third time?"

            I heard Daniel let out a long sigh. "I don't know, Harry. I mean, they could actually catch you and maybe even kill you this time."

            "But they won't. I've got this, all right?"

            Rose and I have hardly spoken since she finally repeated those three words to me, but I still refused to believe what her mother said. Not to mention it could be a trick, or a sinister lie to keep us apart. It wasn't going to work until I saw legitimate proof, and then I would back off because it would be completely weird. My feelings for her will never die, but I could never be with my sister.

            I shuddered, pushing the thoughts away.

            The door at the end of the hallway creaked open and I straightened, half ready to escape and half nervous due to the slim chance we might fail. I tried to use Rose and Daniel as motivation, a sign that I was stronger with the both of them there needing me. Needing to get out.

            "Psst!" I turned to see Rose giving me wide eyes. "Be careful."

            I almost laughed. "I don't think that word would be included to describe me, but I'll try."

            Rose mustered a smile in return.

            "Ready, Daniel?" I whispered sharply to the side of me, getting a mumble that sounded like a yes in return.

            The two guards walked calmly towards my cell, as if I weren't about to go seek my way of dying. But they wouldn't care considering none of them were very fond of me anyways. I did everything I could behind these bars to torment them, and I guess it paid off by the disgusted looks they always tossed my way. Of course, I just smiled innocently in return.

            "Mr. Styles, are you—?"

            "Help!" Daniel's voice screeched from beside me, and I prayed he could hold this act up better than he attempted to be me.

            One guard's eyes widened as he went over to the cell. "How did you get in there? Where's the boy?" he snapped.

            "H-he tricked me and escaped!" Daniel busted. "You have to get me out of here!"

            The guard snapped to the one in front of my cell, "Take Styles to his trial so the Council members don't get pissed that he's late. I'll get this guard out of the cell and then we'll find the boy."

            Frantically, the smaller guard nodded as he began to unlock my cell. The bulkier one was in the midst of letting Daniel out as Rose watched from her cell in what seemed to be paranoia. I tried to ignore the look of worry on her face as the petite guard let me out, reaching for my arms. I allowed him to hook them behind my back, but when he was about to latch the cuffs on, I took action.

            I swung my left elbow back, hitting him right in the jaw before whipping around and landing a punch on his opposite cheek. He stumbled back, falling to the floor and I turned to see the guard opening the gate for Daniel, but stopped once he saw what I had just done. He went to move towards me when Daniel stuck his foot out of the crack the guard had made in the midst of opening the cell, tripping the guard to where he fell flat on his face.