Chapter 6

♡ chapter 6 - Rose ♡

            My heart was pounding in my ears as we continued to run, dodging branches and stepping over twigs on the ground. Harry kept glancing back at me, as if to make sure I were still there as he ran. His speed overpowered mine with his long strides and quickness, but I was never really one for any type of psychical exercise. Of course I never had a reason since I hardly ate anyways, but it was getting tougher and tougher to keep up with him, my exhaustion growing.

            I was panting as if I had just ran two miles, sweat beading my forehead but I kept going. Finally Harry stopped, his chest rising and falling heavily as he scanned the premises. I halted next to him, hunching over with my hands on my knees as I suffered to catch a breath.

            An amused chuckle left Harry's lips. "Maybe you should exercise more, Rosalie."

            "Shut the fuck up," I grumbled between breaths.

            Harry just laughed.

            Then whimpering was heard from our far right. Just vaguely audible, but enough to know whoever was in distress was still in their predicament. Harry informed me to stay behind him as he walked in the direction, although I wasn't sure why. If someone was in trouble, what's the worse they could do to me? Besides, I have my bracelet as well. But the thought that Harry was basically protecting me warmed my heart more than it probably should have.

            Stepping into a small clearing after dispersing from the trees, we both stopped at the sight of a girl about my age, her foot in the same metal trap I had misplaced my footing. It wasn't the exact trap, but the make of it was the same. Meaning the slightest movement she made... I shuddered.

            "Help," she whispered, her hands trembling as she held them to her chest.

            Harry frowned at her, his eyebrows furrowing as he studied the trees around her. I nudged him with my elbow. "Do something," I hissed.

            But he didn't even look at me. Instead he shook his head, his eyes snapping in the direction of something rustling behind the female. Harry looked to me sternly. "Stay here and don't go anywhere," he said quickly before beginning to run off again.

            "But Harry—!"

            Too late; he was gone.

            I looked back to the girl, a sigh of defeat leaving my lips. Tears were steadily rolling down her pale cheeks, instantly making me remember the fear I felt standing in the same danger. Without wasting another second, I ran over to her.

            "Shh, it's okay. I'm... I'm going to help you," I stammered, brushing the pine needles out of the way so I was able to see the instructions that were hidden so perfectly. They really didn't want you leaving these.

            "Please hurry," she mumbled.

            I nodded as I skimmed the words quickly, but my mind conjured up reasons of why a girl would be in the woods by herself. Perhaps she's like me and ran away from incessant torment. Maybe she was just one of those rebel teens who thought they were better than everyone else. But this is literally in the middle of nowhere, and there's absolute no streets close by. Who is she and where did she come from?

            My eyebrows then pinched together as the questions continue to swirl, my cautiousness getting the best of me as I peeked up at her. "Actually..." I licked my lips as I thought of an excuse on not getting her out. "I... I don't know how."