Chapter 2

♡ chapter 2 - Harry 

            Jesus, do you ever stop talking?” I huffed as we maneuvered through the trees, Rose rambling on about God knows what. It started with my snarky attitude, and somehow she managed to get on the topic of her fear of the dark. I didn’t care about any of the shit she was telling me, but I did find out one useful fact from her.

            Looks can be deceiving.

            Of course I’ve heard the phrase multiple times, but Rose was just the perfect example. She was beautiful without a doubt, but those lips just keep moving and moving, and noise just keeps spilling out of her. If I had pens, I’d rather jam them in my earholes than continue listening to her ranting. I’m not a patient person to begin with, and now I’ve grown beyond the point of irritated.

            “You know,” she started, “you are just so rude, Harry. I’m talking about serious subjects and you’re being a jerk.”

            I rolled my eyes, stepping over a fallen branch on the ground. “Your phobias are not in my category of serious, Rosalie. I honestly don’t give a shit what you’re afraid of, because that’s your own problem.”

            “Well what are you going to do tonight and I can’t sleep?”

            “Maybe I’ll push you into a river to drown your wailing,” I told her with a shrug, although I was mainly joking. Sure, I’ll kill anyone who gets in my way, but this girl’s only downfall is her excessive speaking.

            “I’m being serious, Harry. The dark really freaks me out,” Rose said, but the fear behind her voice was firmer, more evident than before.

            I glanced over my shoulder at her, watching as her skin paled but I acted as if it didn’t bother me. “When you close your eyes, you see darkness, right? So what’s the big deal about being outside?”

            Rose sighed, and I knew I was getting on her nerves. “Whatever,” she grumbled. “Just forget I ever even said anything.”

            Puffing out air from my cheeks, I did feel a little empathy towards the girl. Her abuse isn’t any of my business, but it had to be bad from what her eyes had shown me. Nothing but terror had etched across her face when I brought it up, giving away the fact that it was a sore subject for her. I’ve been repeatedly, incessantly, and gruesomely tortured for two years straight, so I could understand a little of what she had been put through. But I can bet all the money in the world she didn’t suffer half as bad as me.

            I had the map memorized in my mind of where I was going, but I was pondering up what to do with Rose when we got there. She didn’t need to be involved with this.

            Besides, the last thing I need is my mates drooling over her while we’re trying to conjure up a plan. I don’t need them getting distracted or off task while we converse about what to do, but—

            “H-Harry…” Rose’s soft voice stammered out from behind me.

            Groaning, I kept walking. “What is it now?” I asked, beyond exasperated with her repeated questions and phobias.

            “Help,” she whispered, her voice hardly audible.

            Furrowing my eyebrows, I turned around to see she had stepped on a trap the Council must’ve set up. My eyes widened just the slightly, the mouth looking as if it would snap around her ankle at any given moment. She could seriously loose her foot if this trap were to go off on her, and I wasn’t in the mood to deal with blood and try to stitch her foot back on. Not only was it disgusting, but it was time consuming. We were running out of time as it was.