Chapter 15

♡ chapter 15 - Harry 

            The force that billowed from Rose was nearly unbearable, causing my fingernails to dig into the dirt just to keep myself grounded as Marcus flew off of me, smacking into a tree roughly. I can’t quite process what just happened, my lips only parting in dire shock as I slowly look up to glance at Rose. She’s staring at her own hands, not believing the incredible power had just come from her.

            Noticing most of Marcus’ fighters were now retreating, half of them nearly dead from hitting tree trunks so hard, or from falling harshly to the ground from Rose’s immense force. I blinked a few times, trying to absorb each aspect into my brain as to what just happened, but my vision is blurred from the tears that formed from the strong wind smacking into me.

            The clearing is nearly empty when I finally get to my feet, my eyes darting to find our group still in one piece, many motionless corpses lying beneath their feet. But I don’t focus on their killing abilities; I focus on Rose. Studying her face again and again to depict a change of emotion, but she’s just as bewildered as me.

            My heart began to pound rapidly against my ribcage, the awful realization flooding me like being drowned in a rough ocean on a day far too cold to go swimming. The air feels as if it’s been pulverized from my lungs, compressing together to create choked sounds that leave my lips along with my erratic breaths. I don’t want to believe it, but I know it’s the ugly truth.

            Rose is a White Witch.

            It’s the only rational conclusion I can conjure considering she has a bracelet to specifically protect her from Black Witches, and now she comes out with this gracious power no one knew she was capable of. Part of me wanted to feel proud for her, just because she finally knows she’s more than able to do extraordinary things. But another part of me wished I never would’ve seen what just happened.

            Because now two things stand in the way of me being with Rose.

            Not being able to touch her is hard enough as it is, but now I can’t even legally be with her. If the Council were to find out about a relationship we may or may not gain, we’d both be imprisoned. Even worse, we’d both be sentenced to death. It’s part of the reason I believe Marcus killed my mother for; he didn’t want to get caught. I may half and half, but I know evil will always overpower the good, because I simply have none in me. And if I did, where the hell is it?

            Rose’s eyes finally tore away from her hands as her head jerked up in my direction, worry and exhilaration filling her bright brown eyes as if she were unsure of how to feel at this point in time. And as much as I wanted to be happy for her, I just couldn’t bring myself to even fake a smile.

            Before we can all hover Rose and ask questions, my mind wandered back to the fact that Marcus hadn’t been killed. I snapped my head in the direction he thudded against the tree, my eyes bulging out the sockets when he began to stand up, but no way in hell was I leaving Rose.

            Jessie seemed to catch my worry glance and, surprisingly enough, he nodded in acknowledgment before running towards him. Marcus took off, Jessie hot on his trail and I could only pray that he’d catch that son of a bitch.

            “Oh fuck,” Zayn breathed out beside me, catching my attention.

            As if my eyes weren’t wide enough, they practically popped when I noticed Rose had her palms facing the sky from when she was looking at them, but now a misty fog hovered over her hands, twirling aimlessly around but staying within reach of her. Her cautious eyes looked to me, of all people. She was scared, I could tell by the way her body trembled ever so slightly, her brown eyes glossing over.