Chapter 12

♡ chapter 12 - Rose 

            Shh, don’t weak the demon up! She just started that female shit last night when we got back.”

            “She can’t sleep till noon.”

            “And she won’t. There’s approximately four minutes and thirty two seconds until noon, so shut your face.”

            Groaning in annoyance at the two voices wakening me, my eyes peeled open to reveal Harry and Liam standing at the foot of my bed. I realized Harry had been the one saying to let me sleep, but I was almost thankful that they weren’t letting me. At this time of the month, the only thing I’d like to do is stay in bed and that’s the only thing I don’t need to do. Crazy how this stuff works, but at least I was able to get a little swimming in yesterday before Mother Nature decided to go all bitch-mode on me.

            Abruptly, the realization of what happened last night come rushing back at me. I hadn’t meant to be completely irrational by jumping off the rocks, I thought it’d be fun. Besides, Harry is always overly cautious with every little thing I do, so I wasn’t expecting it to be as seriously dangerous as he made it out to be. But he had saved me, and after that he had gone completely ballistic on me. You’d think he’d try to console me after I nearly died, but no; he yelled. He yelled like he always does because those damn mood swings of his always get the better of him, and I hate it.

            “See? Happy, Liam? She’s awake now thanks to you,” Harry muttered.

            “Shh,” I shushed as I squeezed my eyes shut. “Rose isn’t in the mood for this mess so early.”

            “Is Rose in the mood for talking about herself in third person?” Liam chuckled.

            I mustered a smile in return, my hand naturally falling to my cramping stomach. My periods aren’t usually that bad, but the stress weighing on my shoulders is multiplying my nausea by a thousand.

            “Come on, Rosalie. We’re all about to go out on another hunt,” Harry said, avoiding eye contact and I figured it was because of the scene that occurred last night.

            “Must I go?” I grumbled, peeking up at the both of them. “I’m really not in the mood, and unless you want to deal with sporadic and drastic mood swings, I don’t think it’s the best option for any of you to bring me along.”

            Harry rubbed his face with his hands, but Liam gave me a soft smile and said. “Yeah, you can stay here. Harry’s just too over protective to leave you by yourself.”

            Liam laughed as Harry shot him a glare. “She’s not staying here alone, Liam.”

            I rolled my eyes. “You always underestimate me, Styles.”

            Harry rose an eyebrow. “Is that right? You jumped off a four foot pile of rocks and nearly killed yourself.”

            Clamping my jaw shut, I pursed my lips and huffed, looking away from him. Liam snickered as there was a slight knock at the door, Jessie’s head popping through as he gave me a soft smile. He entered, Harry’s body tensing noticeably as he avoided eye contact with his brother.

            “There! Jessie can stay with you, Rose. Right, Jessie?” Liam asked.

            Jessie shrugged. “I can if she needs me to.”