Chapter 9

♡ chapter 9 - Harry 

            Running my fingers through her silky brown hair, I gingerly twirled the ends around my finger as I tried not to disturb her. I was well aware that this would be the closest I would ever get, but I couldn’t stop the temptation of touching her in some sort of way. Maybe dirty, maybe not. I just had to express my feelings, even in such a simple way, I feel as if a weight has been lifted from my chest.

            My eyes wavered over her beautiful face, not a blemish in sight as her gorgeous brown eyes remained close, soft snores leaving her slightly parted lips. I felt like such a creeper for watching her in such a peaceful state, but fuck; she was stunning. I couldn’t deny that God had gifted her with incredible looks.

            The morning sun seeped in through the blinds, causing Rose to stir just the slightest before relaxing once more. My fingers continued to gently weave through her luscious brown hair, tucking a stray lock behind her ear. Before I could stop myself, I trailed my finger down the side of her face, the minimal burning sensation sending shivers through my body. I didn’t press my finger to her skin, knowing it’d burn the shit out of me, but my finger drifted lightly all the way down to her plush lips.

            God, I want to kiss her so bad.

            My eyes flickered down to the bracelet fastened around her wrist, the binding protecting her from the outside demons. She didn’t need to bracelet; I can keep her safe. Never in a million damn years would I let anything happen to this angel. It would only take one snap and…

            I shook my head, riding the ludicrous thoughts. There’s no way I’ll let Rose take the bracelet off. Although the temptation to kiss her, to hold her is strong; the temptation to keep her safe is stronger. Rose doesn’t know it, but once that bracelet is off, there’s no putting it back on. The spell would snap, the shield surrounding her figure will fade, and she’ll be exposed to every danger in the world. Even though I have a strong desire to be closer to her, her safety means more to me.

            What if I’m not there and she needs me? What if someone gets to her before I can stop them? What if John tries something? What if Jessie tries something? My heart clenched at the mere thought of someone else being with her and not me. There’s too many horrific things that could happen if Rose were to take off that damn bracelet. I hate it and adore it all the same.

            Completely out of it from her soft skin under the pads of my fingers, I traced her bottom lip ever so slightly with my thumb. I attempted to cup her cheek, but the burning fire struck through me, causing me to retract my hand. I let out a soft sigh as I stared at my stinging hand, fury building inside of me at the simple thought of never being able to hold Rose like I want to. To kiss her like I want to.

            Right when I went to play with her hair again, her stunning orbs peeled open to meet mine. As if thinking she’d get mad at me, I quickly clutched my hand to my chest, my eyes locking with hers as she gave me a small morning smile.

            Fuck, she’s so adorable.

            The longer I stare at her, the more the feelings twist in the pit of my stomach. I really hate that fucking feeling she gives me, making me feel so vulnerable around her. She knows she has me wrapped around her finger and that petrifies the hell out of me. Never in my life have I ever felt so attracted to someone.

            Rose’s smile turned into a smirk as she caught my staring. “You’re a creeper in the morning, Styles.”

            I rolled my eyes, fighting back the urge to grin as I flopped onto my back. “I wasn’t creeping, Rosalie. I was thinking of ways to abandon you in the woods and leave you as wolf chow.”