Company

When I left the school the next morning I was happy and sad at the same time to see that there was no one waiting outside of my house.

Pulling into the parking lot all eyes turned to me and I sighed as I saw Jarod walking towards my car.

Grabbing my bag from the passenger seat I got out of the car and made my way inside the school.

"Morning Samantha." Jarod said and I nodded as he walked beside me and the rest of his friends followed.

When I got to my locker they all spread out around me and waited, much to my annoyance.

I was closing my locker when I felt my heart speed up and I placed a hand over it waited. It was as if my heart had a radar that let me know everytime she was close.

"Um, Samantha can I talk to you about yesterday?" Jarod asked hesitantly as I kept facing my locker.

I ignored him as my heart beat got faster. If that wasn't an indication that she was really close, the way the hallway got  quieter would have given it away.

"Samantha?" Jarod called me again as I turned my head in the direction I knew she was coming.

I saw her blonde hair first, then the crowd parted in front of her and my mouth dropped.

Yesterday I had only seen her in the cloak and had no idea the treasure that was hiding beneath it.

The light blue dress she was wearing stopped midthigh and each step she took in in her ankle boots shifted the fabric a little up her leg. She was absolutley beautiful.

It seemed I wasn't the only one who thought she looked stunning as Drake moved away from leaning against a locker and stepped in her path. The blonde cheerleader who was his supposed mate had her arms folded over her chest and was glaring at Rebecca.

I looked back over at Drake just as he reached his hand out to rub a piece of her hair between his fingers but she made no move to push him away.

I not really sure what happened. One minute I was by my locker standing next to Jarod as he tried to get my attention and the next I was standing inbetween Drake and Rebecca and shoving him away.

He tripped over his own feet and went sprawling on the floor, everyone was quiet as they all tried to take in what had just happened and as soon as their brains had caught up they started laughing.

Drake was still on the floor when his annoying "mate" ran to his side.

"Drakey!" She screamed in her high pitched voice and I along with a nearly everyone else flinched away from it.

"Are you okay baby, what did that freak do to you?!" She continued screaming and I even saw Drake fight not to cover his ears as he pushed himself to his feet.

"How dare you...." He stopped when he looked at my face and paled. His eyes shifted between Rebecca and I and he sniffed the air a little before his eyes widened and he grabbed his mates hand and pulled her away through the laughing crowd.

"Thank you." I heard Rebecca whisper behind me and I slowly turned to face her.

"He's the next Alpha and to go against him would mean becoming a rougue." She said and I frowned.

"So you would let him do as he pleases?" I growled and felt my eye twitch and fought to calm myself down. Rebecca seemed to have noticed something was wrong as she reached her hand out over my scar again.

People were shaking themselves out of the trance from my voice, but I noticed that Rebecca wasn't affected by it even a little.

"Are you okay?" She asked taking a step closer and I took one back and she frowned and dropped her hand.

She looked down as she fiddled with her hands and bit her lip. She looked so adorable right then I fought myself against kissing her.

"Would you mind if I walked with you to class? We have the same classes since the incident yesterday and I thought it would be a good way for us to to get to know each other and guard you at the same time." She finished and my left eye twitched again.

Without my permission my right hand lifted up from my side and traced up her cheek before tucking a lock of her blonde hair behind her ear and my hand stayed there as she blushed and looked up at me with love in her eyes.

Love? How could she already love me when she doesn't even know me? Hasn't seen my scars? Doesn't know how much of a monster I really am?!

With that thought I was able to gain back control over myself and pull my hand back. But what sent a wave of fear through me was the feeling of which one of my otherselves had just taken over my body.

The other me I had only met once.The quitest and most dangerous one had just come forward for Rebecca. The only other other time it made itself known was when he........

"Sam?" She asked and shivered at the sound of her saying my name and the way she had shortened it. I had never had a nickname before and even though I didn't want to, I felt the corner of my lips tip up in a smile.

"Come on." I said in a low voice and her face lit up and I felt happy with being the one to put a smile on her face.

It should be okay, I mean I'm only walking with her to the classes. Nothing else will come of it......Right?