Hounds

I had woken up this morning feeling like shit.

I definitely needed to work out this morning. I put on some workout close and went to the gym room and started my workout. By the time I even thought to stop my limbs were shaking.

Crawling into the bathroom I turned on the shower and got in. The cold water shocked me awake and I scrubbed the dried blood off of me until I felt clean.

I stepped out and went to get dressed.

It wasn't long before I was pulling up in the school parking lot. This time around no one really payed much attention to me but I still felt people watching me.

I made it to class just as the bell rang and took a seat in the back.

Jarod walked into the room and avoided eye contact with me, but I was more than okay with that.

Class started and everything was going fine until the windows shattered.

A few people screamed but this was a school for the supernatural so the majority was ready to defend. But what came through that window none of them would be ready for.

I pulled my gun from behind my back and took of the safety just as the first one came through the window.

It looked like a giant rabid pitbull mixed with a wolf. Parts of it's flesh were dripping off and it's saliva burned holes through the floor as it growled and moved closer to me.

Someone in the room decided they wanted to be a hero and tried to jump it from behind but the beast turned and roared and the wanna be hero fell to the floor on his butt shaking like a leaf.

I raised my gun and pointed it at the beasts head just as it turned around and fired.

It's body jerked and fell to the side before it was swallowed by flames. I knew there were more coming, everytime I've seen these things they've always travelled in packs of three.

Just as I turned, the other two came sailing through the window. They didn't hesitate like the first one had, they came after me fast and hard.

One dove straight for my throat while the other tried to pull me by my leg.

I used the butt of my gun and hit the one coming for my throat on the head. The force from the blow slammed it down on the one going for my leg.

Before they could untangle themselves from each outer I fired twice.

Both bullets hit home and soon both beasts were consumed by their flames.

I watched and waited. I knew he was there. He didn't know that I knew he was there, so he was just observing me.

He stayed for a minute longer before I felt him fade away and by that time the class was in utter chaos.

People were pushing to get in the room while others were trying to get out. Some were shouting questions at me, but there were so many people trying to speak at once that I couldn't understand them.

I put the safety back on my gun but had to wait a bit for it to cool down before I could put it away.

"Quiet!!" One person shouted and the whole room went quiet and faced him as he moved closer to me. He was wearing a blue suit and had grey slicked back hair.

He reached out a hand to touch me and I shifted away from him. He straightened up and

cleared his throat.

We just stared at each other until Jarod walked up beside him.

"Samantha." He called me but I frowned because I knew I hadn't told him my name.

"What do you want?" I asked in a bored tone and the man in front of me sucked in his breath as the majority of the people in the rooms eyes glazed over.

Jarod and the man looked around the room then back at me.

It didn't take long before people started coming back to themselves.

"Amazing." The man said and I stared at him hard.

"What just happened here Samantha, what were those things?" Jarod asked.

I looked away from the man as everyone in the room quieted down to listen.

"Hellhounds." I said and the room got even more quiet than before I that were possible.

Then all at once everyone started shouting more and more questions at me.

My gun was cooled off by now so I raised the back of my shirt and placed it in the back of my pants.

"Quiet, quiet. We can't find out what's going on if everyone is shouting at once!" The man screamed and they started to quiet down.

"Make her answer!" A girl shouted and I glared at her and she shrank back.

"Samantha, do you know why they were here? Why they attacked?" Jarod asked and I sighed, annoyed with their questions.

"They came here for me." I said and the room stayed quiet.

"Why did they they come for you?" The man asked and I shrugged my shoulders and turned away from them and their questions.

I walked out of the classrom and the people in front of me moved out of my way. I got to my locker and grabbed my bag so I could leave.

"Wait, you can't just leave!" The man shouted and stepped in my path.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because we need to deal with this. Hellhounds don't just attack people for no reason." He said and I groaned internally.

"It's my problem and I'll deal with it." I said and went to step around him but he moved in my way again.

"We can help." He said and reached out to touch my hand.

"Don't touch me." I growled and he pulled his hand back.

"Okay look, can you wait a minute. We've got people on the way who I think can help." He tried again and I sighed and leaned back against my locker.

If I'd known what was about to happen next beforehand, I'm not sure what I would have done. Stayed? Run? I'm not sure, but what I do know is that the next five minutes changed my life forever.