Guard

My back was pressed against the wall as I looked her over.

Her brown eyes were turning black as her wolf came closer to the surface and I knew I shouldn't move.

"Mate!" She said again and moved to grab me but I slipped under her outstretches hands and moved my back to the door.

I placed my hand on the handle and leaned back hopping to get away but that didn't happen.

The door opens inward..........

Before I knew it her hands were on either side of my head and she was growling at me.

"P-please d-don't touch m-me." I stuttered out and internally I cursed myself for sounding weak in front of so many people.

We were the same height so her black eyes were now boring into mine as she continued to growl and move closer.

"Mine." She whispered fiercely and as much as I wanted to deny it, as much as I didn't want this to happen, I knew there was no stopping this.

"Wait." I whispered and she froze in front of me.

"I can't have a mate." I said and she growled louder as everyone in the room watched us.

"Mine!" She screamed and pulled me into her arms. I froze at the feeling of being touched. Mate or not, I do not like people touching me.

Pushing her away I saw a brief flash of hurt cross her features before she growled.

"Stop. Please just wait." I said and I saw her fighting for control from her wolf. Her eyes kept shifting from brown to black as the two of them fought an internal battle until they stopped changing and all I could see were her beautiful brown eyes staring at me.

"You are my mate." She stated and I nodded my head.

"Then why are you pushing me away?" She asked and I looked away from her searching eyes

She stepped closer, careful not to touch me and raised her hand and traced it over the left side of my face, over my scar. But she never touched me.

Part of me longed to have her hold me and the other was frightened beyond reason.

"Who did this to you?" She whispered but in a quiet room full of supernaturals it was so loud.

Moving to the other side of the door and away from her I opened it and stepped outside without any complaint and started walking down the now crowded halls as people moved out of way.

I could hear her and one other following close behind me as people moved out of our way.

I saw Jarod out of the corner of my eye trying to get my attention but I continued walking until I reached my car and climbed in.

I pulled out of the parking lot and saw her standing there with the othet cloaked guy who had been glaring at me the entire time, they watched me as I drove away.

I reched my house in record time and made sure that everything was locked tight. I stripped off my clothes and walked into the shower and let the water run over me.

I looked down at the mess my arms had become and sighed. The rest of my body was just as scared. Some of the scars might have faded a little but I knew they were still there.

What would she saw if she ever saw them? Would she be disgusted and leave? Would she pity me? Would she......

A humorless laugh left me as I realised something.

"I don't even know her name." I said out loud and turned off the water and wrapped a towel around me before walking into my room and crawling under the covers where I immediately fell asleep.

By the time I woke up the sun had already set and I was hungry.

I got up and let the towel fall away from me and pulled on a pair of loose pants and a t-shirt.

I got the white bandage tape and wrapped it around my arms. I was never comfortable with my arms being exposed but I didn't want to wear the gloves the whole time so at night I took to wrapping my arms.

I walked down the stairs and went into the kitchen when my door bell rang. Curious to who would be ringing my doorbell when I had no friends, I walked carefully towards the door and looked out the peephole and sighed.

It was her.......and the guy who always seemed to be by her side. The two of them just stood there looking around.

Opening the door, the two of their eyes snapped towards me as I leaned against the door jam.

"What do you want?" I asked them.

"Can we come in?" She asked and I sighed at the sound of her voice.

"No." I said and she sighed.

"Please." She asked and I fought back a snarl as I felt myself starting to give in.

"No." I said again and the guy behind her stepped forward.

"Move aside and let us in." He said trying to intimidate me and I straightened up from leaning on the door and faced him.

"I said no, I do not want you in my house." I said and he growled.

"Stop." The girl said pulling the guy back from me.

"Look, the principal and the council have decided to make us your guards until we figure this situation out. This would all go smoother if we could get along." She said.

"I already told them I don't want any guards so you can go right back to where you came from." I said and felt pain in my chest at the thought of her leaving.

She ignored me and held out her hand.

"I'm Rebecca and this is David." She said introducing the two of them.

"Okay." I said stepping back and slammed the door in front of her outstretched hand and walked into the kitchen to get something to eat.

"Rebecca." I whispered into the empty house and smiled.