30 - that you

BRADLEY

As soon as I saw Tiara storming through the hallway, I make a beeline to the garden where I knew Charlotte was. She was sat there, her eyes sad and her mouth open in shock. I walk over to her pull her off the chair so she's standing up in front of me and pull her in for the hug.

While I was kissing her on the dance floor, all my thoughts had passed through my mind and I forgot that Tiara would be back soon. I was so in love with her and her lips that everything else was cancelled out and all I focused on was her lips moving with mine.

"I'm so sorry," I whisper, holding her close against my chest as I kiss her head. "I'm so, so sorry."

She sniffs and moves away, wiping away the tears falling down her cheeks and I let my hands rest on her hips. Her hair was wet and I assumed Tiara poured her drink over Charlotte.

"It's fine, it's not your fault," she shakes her head and a sigh escapes her lips. "I should've told her before now. This all could've been avoided."

"Let me take you home," I move my hand to take hers and she accepts the touch, as we walk through the house. We make it to my car which I had parked a few houses away, thankful I had only had a beer tonight so I could drive us home. "My house or yours?"

"Yours."

I smile over at her and set off as soon as we're both buckled in, and the drive is silent besides her infrequent sniffles. It broke my heart to see her this upset, especially over a bitch like Tiara. I move my left hand over to her thigh and rest it there comfortingly, rubbing my thumb over her skin softly.

She places her hand over mine and squeezed my hand, causing me to return the action but on her thigh instead. I just hoped that I was making her feel better, even if it was just a little bit.

When we arrive, she gets out straight away and we both walk up to the door, my arm over her shoulder as I unlock the door with one hand. Impressive, I know.

As soon as my door is closed and she's making her way upstairs, I grab her hand and spin her around, causing her to fall into my chest at the unexpected action. I smile down at her and wipe away a tear with my hand.

"Whatever she said to make you feel this sad, isn't worth crying over. You're fucking amazing," I tell her from the bottom of my heart. "She's not a friend if she can't be happy for you because I like you and not her."

"I just. . ." She sighs, resting her head on my chest. "You promise not to leave me, right?"

"I promise," I grab her hand and wrap my pinkie around hers. "Now, lets get changed and go to sleep, hm? We can watch some films and we can just cuddle and then go to sleep, yeah? I'll order takeout, too."

She smiles at that, "I like the sound of that."

The next week I rarely see Charlotte, except at university. Now that Tiara knew that we were a thing, Charlotte didn't care that I was kissing her in the hallway or holding her hand at lunch. However, when we weren't at uni, she didn't answer many texts since she was busy trying to find a job desperately and it was annoying her that she could've find one and annoying me to see her so stressed.

"You're staying at mine tonight," I conclude as we walk out of uni on Friday, hand in hand. "We'll stop by your place to get some clothes and then we'll go to mine. I'm glad you agree."

"I didn't agree," she rolls her eyes. "You know how much I need a job, since I can't stay at Tiara's anymore if I don't find one."

I wanted to ask her to move in with me, but I didn't know how she would react. Maybe she would think it's a bit soon but we spend a lot of time at my place together anyway. It would make going to uni easier since I take her there and back everyday.