17 - and if

CHARLOTTE

Brad had invited me to sit with him at lunch. After I'd explained that Tiara was with me, he was more cautious about me coming since it's still awkward between her and his three best friends.

"Are you sure you wanna sit there?" I warily ask my friend who had her eyes set on the canteen doors as she nods furiously.

"This shows that my plan is working. He wants to sit with me," she says and I roll my eyes as she walks quickly ahead.

Once we walk through the doors, both our eyes fall to their table and she grabs my hand and pulls me over, too quick for my feet to handle and I almost end up tripping over.

"Hey," James says, not surprised at all. I'm sure Brad told them we'd both be coming.

"Hi," Tiara replies rudely. There were spare seats on either side of Brad as he sat alone, opposite his friends. Tiara notices this and sits down next to him with a flirtatious smile.

"I'm gonna go grab something to eat," I pull my eyes away from her twirling her hair as Brad looks down at his phone, uninterested. "Try not to kill each other while I'm gone."

Brad looks up from his phone and into my eyes, "I'll come with you, actually. I haven't gotten any lunch yet."

I nod slowly as Tiara looks surprised at Brad's offer. She watches us both walk to the canteen line with a confused glare.

"One of her hands touched my thigh," he shudders uncomfortably. "I knew I should've let Connor sit next to me."

"And if you did that, she would have took the other empty side before I could even realise it was there," I laugh heartily as we take a few steps forward in the busy canteen. "You'd just have to stare at my face instead."

"I wouldn't mind that," he smirks, putting his arm over my shoulder but I quickly shrug it off. "What?"

His face had dropped then but I look over to Tiara who's still staring at us. I turn away from her and bite my lip nervously.

"She doesn't know we're hooking up," I explain. "She'd kill me if she found out, she's so infatuated by the thought of being with you that she hates anyone who's with you."

He nods slowly, understandingly, "that's fine. I can live with that. No PDA in front of Tiara."

"Do the other boys know?" I ask quizzically.

"Yeah," he says and my cheeks go red. "Well, they know we're friends with benefits because I cancel plans with them to see you—"

"You shouldn't do that."

"Do what?"

"Cancel plans with them for me," I clarify. "And they don't need to know either, it's none of their business. You could've made up an excuse or something—"

"You're not mad at me are you?" We take a few steps forward and I shrug. I was annoyed that he was gossiping about me to his friends. I wasn't mad though, I sort of understood why he did it, even if he shouldn't. "I just didn't want to lie to them, that's all. Telling the truth is the key to every relationship with anyone."

"I'm not mad," I sigh. "Annoyed, yeah. You could have asked me first if it was okay to tell your friends. For all you know I could've wanted to keep this a secret from everyone—"

"Why would you want to do that?" His eyebrows furrow and it sounds like he's angry, his eyes hurt. "Are you embarrassed by me?"

I choke on his words, "no. No! Why would I be embarrassed? You're amazing and charming and good looking and I'm the one that's talentless and unpopular and a nerd. You should be embarrassed by me because—"

I'm cut off short as he places his lips to mine, his hands on my waist. I was going to kiss back but I realised that we were in a canteen with Tiara sat staring at us so I pull away.

"You're amazing," he says. "You are beautiful, I don't care if you're popular and the fact that you like to study for uni doesn't make you a nerd, it makes you dedicated. And I find that cute."

My cheeks turn red as he removes his hands from my hips and he pushes my backwards a few steps and I'm met with a dinner lady who has a tray in her hand to give me.

"Hi, what would you like to order?"

After we order our food I warily go back the table, aware that Tiara was now typing away on her phone. Maybe she didn't see us, or maybe she doesn't want to cause a scene. She'd go mental at me.

"We were thinking about going to a house party on Friday," Tristan announces, getting my attention as I pull my eyes away from Tiara. "You two should come."

He was talking to me and Tiara but my friend just ignored him, causing me to smile, "I'm sure you'll see us there. Send me the address?"

"I will," Tristan grins at me and I look down at my food. It was the same overly mushy and salted mash and dry roast potatoes, I only got it for the pudding. Butterscotch tart. Mmmmm.

As I'm chewing my dessert, I feel Brad's hand brush against my leg and land on my thigh abruptly, causing me to almost choke. Brad chuckles besides me and runs his thumb up and down my inner thigh, so close to there. I swallow my food.

"Stop," I glare at him. The boys and Tiara weren't confused since they thought I was talking about him laughing, not about him teasing me. "I'm serious, stop."

His chuckling ceases and he turns back to his dinner, his hand still there, edging towards my core and I squirm in my seat. Just as he's about to reach there, he pulls away and I let out a sigh. One mixed with disappointment and relief.

Moments later, my phone buzzes and I retrieve it out of my pocket and scan over the message.

Janitor's closet. Go now and I'll meet you in five minutes.

I look up at him in disbelief but his eyes were set amongst his food. I couldn't have sex at university, in the janitor's closet as well. But I really missed him. Fuck.

I cough and slide my plate away, leaving half of the tart and grab my bag, "I'm gonna go to the library and find a book I need to read for class. Bye."

I left the table, my heart pounding and Brad swarming my mind.

The door clicks open and I look over to thankfully see Brad and not the janitor. He closes the door behind him and locks it quickly.

It takes him two strides to reach me and have me up against the wall, and he presses his lips to mine, moulding together perfectly. His hands were gripping tightly on my waist while my arms were over his shoulders, both of us trying to get as close as we could between each other.

I pull away, panting, "you took longer than five minutes. I started to think you wouldn't show up."

"Your friend wouldn't shut up," he presses his lips briefly to mine. "I don't even know how she talks that much."

His lips are back on mine moments later and his tongue brushes against my lips and I give access to my mouth, letting him feel inside it. I could feel his erection through his trousers, rubbing against me.

"We can't do this in here," I hum as our lips move away from his. "I'm not having sex in the closet."

He chuckles, "you can't just turn me on like that and then say you don't want to do anything."

"Sorry," I say, embarrassed and he pecks my lips. "It's just not very private. . . You know? Someone could hear us."

"Especially with how loud I make you moan," he smirks down at me and I shoot him a playful glare. He steps away and unlocks the door, swinging it open. "After you."

As I walk out, I feel his hand slap my behind and I turn to him with a glare, "you're gonna pay for that."

"Oh, I'm counting on it."

edited.