2 - go

CHARLOTTE

I had left the Brad boy at the top floor of the house, flustered. Surely he was really desperate to want me of all people.

A song played in the background as I looked around for Tiara, exactly what she told me not to do, while a drink was in my hand. I didn't know what the flavour was but it kept my occupied, made me feel less lonely.

I never found Tiara and instead go into the back porch, sitting down and drinking by myself. I wasn't overly intoxicated, really, I'd only had five beers at the most. I felt someone's presence and I could take a guess at who it was.

"You need to stop just leaving me," Brad speaks from behind me.

"You need to stop stalking me," I retort and he sits next to me. I turn to him with a sigh as he sits down next to me, our feet dangling off of the small ledge that looked over the large garden. "I don't want to have sex with you, you can leave now."

"I wasn't stalking you," he tuts, ignoring my last statement. "I enjoy back gardens, too. I love the grass."

"The grass?" I laugh at him. "That's lame, and the most boring part of a back garden."

"I've had too many drinks to talk about back gardens with you," he chuckles at himself. "You never told me your name, pretty face."

"I didn't think I had to, curls," I shrugged and take a small sip of my beer. The brunette next to me looks longingly at it and I offer it to him, which he accepts and takes it in his hand.

"Thanks," he passes me the bottle back and I notice the rings on his fingers. They suited his hands perfectly. We sit in silence for a few moments before I speak again.

"My name's Charlotte," I introduce myself, feeling rude for not telling him. "So you don't need to call me pretty face anymore."

"Charlotte," he smiles satisfyingly at me. "You're very beautiful, Charlotte."

"You said that earlier," I refer to the time on the dance floor, where we were so close, no clue who each other are. I remember the way his hands felt on me through my dress, the way he left sparks across my skin.

I hadn't notice he had moved closer to me, that I was staring at him, until I felt his breath on my face.

"I thought I'd tell you again," his voice was barely a whisper and I almost didn't hear it over the music inside the house.

His lips brushed over mine hesitantly, unsure as to whether he could kiss me. When I don't come out with a sarcastic reply or move away, he lightly presses his lips to mine and moves his lips. It takes me a second to process that this boy that I only recently knew the name of was kissing me, but I kissed back nonetheless.

I put the bottle on to the nearest place I could as he lifts my onto his lap, his hands cupping my ass. My hands roam his hair and my heart pounds in my chest.

He pulls away, looking at me with a smile and eyes that I couldn't read, "Let me take you back to my place."

This makes my heart pound harder. He clearly had experience with girls and I was a virgin. Did I really want to lose it to a boy I just met?

I nod nonetheless and I climb off of his lap and take his offering hand as we walk through the house desperately and to one of the cars parked outside the house.

It felt like we were in a rush but I stop as he opens the door for me, "You can drive, right? You've not had too much to drink?"

"Only the beer you gave me," he smirks, kissing my lips briefly before I climb in the car. I felt like a child getting told off at school with the way my heart was threatening to pound out of my chest.