Part 16

Turbulence jolted me awake, as I shot up from my seat, sitting straight and looking around for my seatbelt.

            "Good morning, Sunshine. How's your noggin?" Josiah's voice was almost a chuckle, amused by my swollen eyebrow.

            "Remember when I said I'd put a bullet in you?" I rolled my eyes and leaned back, ever so slightly, before a wave of nausea washed over me again. I jolted forward and rushed to the bathroom, sheer panic in my eyes. I knew I wasn't going to make it.  Lex rushed over to me with a garbage can and held my blonde locks out of my face before gesturing for a bottle of water.

            "Feel better?" He asked, concern drawn over his face in soft lines.

            "Meds, for pain, you guys got any?" I asked, sipping softly from the water bottle. Lex reached for the first aid kit before opening a bottle and handing me two. I took them quickly before walking to the bathroom to rinse my face. When I looked into the mirror, I was shocked at the size of the gash tracing my eyebrow. The bruising was minor, light shades of yellowish purple tickled the edges. The gash, however, was dark, stitched nicely closed with dried blood seeping from the edges. Attractive.  I reached for the mouthwash left in the cabinet and rinsed my mouth thoroughly before rinsing my face with water, attempting to remove the streaking makeup tickling my cheeks. I turned to walk out of the bathroom and was caught by two strong hands, cupping under my chin. Lex's face leaned down into me, his lips meeting mine with a soft, gentle caress. As we kissed, his hold grew possessive, almost fierce. His hands moved to the small of my back as he lifted my shirt from my arms. His hands tightened on my hips, pulling me closer to him. My breath hitched as he sat on the closed toilet, pulling me on top of him. He kissed me greedily before pulling back, breathing recklessly into my neck. His hands fumbled with my pants before placing me onto the airline counter. The hum of the plane's engine drowned our sighs as we rocked into one another, pure passion igniting our movements. After we waited in unadulterated ecstasy, our breathing ragged, locked into one another's embrace, Lex interrupted my thoughts.

            "We'll be landing in a few minutes. I want to know you can still do this. Tell me you're ok to do this. Tell me you're not going to get yourself killed." His voice was unsteady, like he'd been fighting back worry and concern all along.

            "I can still do this, but, I can't promise anything, you and I both know that." I fisted his hair as I pulled him close to me, resting his head on my chest as I straddled him. "I will do everything I can to stay as safe as possible, Lex." I reassure him.

            "If it comes down to me or you, I want you to run. Run as fast as you can and don't even fucking think about looking back. Just run." I nodded in acknowledgement, but we both knew we weren't going to exchange one brother for the other. I was fully prepared for the death of my father and I had no intention on leaving without BOTH of these men. Lex pulled me tighter into him, resting his head in the crook of my neck before sighing deeply. "If I die, could you see yourself falling in love with James?" I stilled, my breath caught in my throat.

            "If you died, I don't think I could look at him the same way." My head fell, tears stinging the back of my eyes.

            "I want you to. He's a really good guy, Sarah, honestly." I press my lips onto his to usher sweet silence, kissing him with ferocity as my heart pounded.

            "If you die, tonight, a part of me dies. I don't know how I know, but something inside of me tells me you're a part of me- and you always will be." I smile, tracing lines on his hands that are now resting on my legs.

            "Your gift- your intuition- your destiny all points to me. Even if we don't make it as an official us, I will never walk away from you, Sarah. Never." With that, the overhead ding let us know it was time to buckle and land. We quickly made our way to the seats and buckled in before Josiah made a quip about a quickie in the bathroom and congratulated Lex on joining the mile high club. Pervert.