TWENTY

YOU REALLY KNOW HOW
TO MAKE ME CRY

MACKENZIE SIGHED AS SHE PLACED the ice pack on her swollen nose. Her nose was now a dark shade of purple, a lone tear falling down her cheek.

"Kenz..." Johnny said softly, walking slowly towards her and taking the seat next to her, "It still hurts?"

Mackenzie looked at him, dumbly, "Yeah, Johnny, it does."

Johnny looked away awkwardly, he knew why the atmosphere around them was so awkward.

"I know you kissed Sophia, Johnny." Mackenzie said out of the blue, looking down with the ice pack still pressed against her face. "If you don't have feelings for me, you could've just said that... you know, instead of almost sleeping with me, making me believe you did."

"Oop!" The pair heard a voice from outside the door, making them look at it, "Shister scandal!" The voice whispered again, fucking James Charles.

Mackenzie sighed as she shook her head, "Mackenzie, I didn't-"

"There's no point in lying, I saw you."

"It's just complicated, right now, I didn't want to upset you."

"Well... you did. You left me alone, you ignored me all weekend, then you kissed another girl after what happened on Friday night?"

"Kenz-"

"What's complicated about that? You should've told me you didn't have feelings for me."

"Macken-"

"And right after I told you how I felt?! You're an asshole. I wish I never talked to you after you-"

"I do have feeling for you."

"You do?" Mackenzie pulled the pack off of her nose, sitting up and looking over at Johnny with red cheeks.

Johnny's cheeks were red too as he bit his bottom lip, "Yeah, but it actually is complicated and I don't want to get into it all."

"But, Johnny..."

"I'm sorry, Kenz. I gotta go." He gets up and rushes out the door, leaving Mackenzie in confusion.

yall out here demanding shit i'm not posting again tonight! but now y'all know how johnny feels- he does like kenz! i'm sorry it's so short this story IS sadly coming to an end 😔 but there's an epilogue and i was planning on making a sequel... it'll be completely based off of my OWN ideas since there's no sequel to It Starts With A Bra... i think?