FIFTEEN

WHEN YOU SEE MY FACE
HOPE IT GIVE YOU HELL !

IT WAS FAIRLY LATE WHEN MACKENZIE heard her bell ring. She sighed, pushing her homework off of her as she skipped to the door, hearing another ring.

"COMING!" She yelled as she got closer to the door.

The door swung open, and there he was.

Caden. With a bouquet of flowers.

Mackenzie sucked in a breath before slamming the door in his face, turning around, her back facing the door. She heard the bell again, turning around, holding her hand over the door knob.

"Come on, Mac, I got you your favorite flowers." His voice sounded muffled and Mackenzie tried hard not to cry, in attempt to show him that he meant nothing to her, but that was an absolute lie. "Can we just talk?"

Mackenzie slowly opened the door, but not wide enough for him to enter as she poked her head out of the door.

"I don't wanna talk to you." She stated, simply, "Go away."

"Please," He whispered, "Just hear me out, Mac."

"Stop calling me that. You lost that privilege when I found you in bed with someone else." She choked out.

"You forgave her! Why can't you forgive me?"

"You took advantage of her! She was drunk and you knew exactly what you were doing!"

He sighed, dropping his head down as he looked at the flowers, "That's not true! Look, Mackenzie, I'm realizing that I need you, now more than ever."

When he picked his head up, a lone tear was falling down his cheek, "Dylan passed last month, and my parents felt it was best to move back here."

Mackenzie's eyes began to sting at the news, and was about to close the door in his face, again, but he put his foot in the door to stop her.

"Please, Mackenzie, I need someone to talk to. No one here understands me like you do, not even my parents."

"I'm sorry for you loss, Caden, I really am." Mackenzie muttered as she sat a mug in front of him, full of hot TEA SUS.

"I know how much you loved Dylan, Mac." He spoke out, and Mackenzie just looked at him, the name he called her not even bothering her. She had bigger things to worry about.

"What happened to her?"

"She was in an accident."

"An accident?"

"She was hit, Mac, and they did everything they could to help her but it was no use."

Mackenzie didn't say anything after that, her head falling down as she began to cry. "Why did you do it, Caden?"

"I don't understa-"

"Why did you cheat on me... with my best friend?"

oh shit.... HAYDEN?!?! 😳

sorry for the short chapters wow i'm losing my writing mojo 😞 i guess i haven't been too inspired with this book recently