chapter.18

I pulled into the gravel parking lot of the rodeo. I had another early shift today. I didn't see any trucks in the parking lot so I went ahead and opened the barn. I unlocked the door and clocked in then came down and pulled up the big door when everyone pulled into the parking lot. I watched as Chip and Luke came running in to clock in before they were late. I laughed as Alex and Matt followed behind. I stood there watching them all run up the steps, they then slowly walked down the steps to where I was. Luke walked over to me.
"good morning sorry for rushing past you" He said wrapped an arm around my waist and pulling me in to kiss him.
" well good morning to you too" I said and smiled at him.

" Oh is this how we are greeting Katie in the morning" Matt said jokingly pretending to grab me. I rolled my eyes and started to turn on the lights.
" oooh chip"I said excited.
" not until my coffee"He said walking up the steps to his office. I laughed.
"what did you do" Luke asked looking down at me.
" I scrubbed the barn" I said
Chip came out of his office with his cup of coffee. " ok now what" he said
" I scrubbed the barn" I said
He looked at me in disbelief " is that what you wanted the power washer for" he asked and I nodded my head. He smiled and started to walk towards the barn.
He opened up the barn and stood there stunned. "wow it looks like a whole new barn" he said "I knew it was a good idea to hire you" he side hugged me. " she's a good one." He said to Luke. I laughed
" wow this is amazing" he said. He was extremely excited.
"well I was bored and decided to clean." I said
"wow look at the floors, they look like new floors." He said in disbelief. I smiled at his happiness.

Luke slid his hand around my waist and pulled me closer to him, I looked up at him and smiled. He kissed the top of my head and I smiled.

"so what are we doing later" Luke asked as he walked me to my truck.
"hmmm I'm not sure" I said and bit my lip.
" have I ever told you how that drives me crazy" he said leaning down to me.
"oh yeah" I said
"oh yeah" He said huskily and leaned in.
"ugh could you two just get a room or something." I heard someone say. We broke apart and looked up at Alex standing there with his arms crossed and a pissed off look on his face.
"why are you so bitter" I asked
He rolled his eyes
"wow" I said " very mature"
" are you going to let her talk to me like that" He spoke directly to Luke this time, I looked back and he was leaned up against my truck. He shrugged his shoulders
" she can handle herself" He said.
" you need to grow the hell up and get over yourself" I said to Alex, " this pissed off attitude that you have had going on is getting real old, and I don't even see you that often for it to get annoying, I just feel bad for everyone else here that has to put up with you. " I said bluntly.
" whatever" he said and walked away.

I turned around, to see Luke smiling.
"that's my girl" he said.
"I'm sorry, it just had to be said"
He frowned, " don't be sorry" he said " that was amazing"

I smiled and grabbed his neck to bring his lips down to mine.
" alright" I said after kissing him " I should probably go home" I said
"ugh alright" He said and opened up my door, I got in and gave him a quick peck before starting up the car and driving off.

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

I laid on Luke's bed patiently waiting. I tuned his tv on and flipped it to the office. I laid there watching the tv when I heard the water turn off and the door open. I looked over to see Luke standing in the doorway with a towel wrapped around his waist and water droplets all over his body. I bit my lip, and he raised an eyebrow. He walked to the end of the bed and I sat up on my knees and inches from his face.
" hi" I said.
He smirked and crashed his lips into mine. My hands went up to his wet hair and then back down to his jaw. I smiled into the kiss and we broke apart.
" you are literally soaking wet" I said looking down at my shirt that had water marks all over it.