Chapter 11

Katie's POV

I woke up to my alarm clock buzzing, It's 6:00 am, I rolled over and groaned, I turn off the buzzing sat up on the edge of my bed, got up walked to the bathroom. My feet hitting the icy cold bathroom tiles, it sends a shiver down my spine. Even though it's June the mornings are still on the cooler side. I brushed my teeth and braided my hair quickly.  I walked into my room and turned on my light. I dug around my drawers in my room and pulled out a pair of jeans and a tank top and hoodie.

 I dug around my drawers in my room and pulled out a pair of jeans and a tank top and hoodie

I grab a pop tart and my keys and I walk out the front door and got into my truck. I pulled into the rodeo at 6:20, earlier than I expected. For some reason I thought it was going to take longer to get there, but it's always important to be early on your first day, I shrugged and hopped out of my truck, I threw on my sweatshirt because there was a cool breeze and headed to the main office to meet with Chip. I cracked the office door open, the smell of coffee hitting my nose.

" oh shit your here early" Chip was surprised
I grinned and nodded my head
"well we can start with a tour of the facilities and then you can start by mucking out the barns" he said to me
" uh is there a certain way you like them cleaned out " I asked knowing that different barns like different things
" well your in charge of that now so whatever you need you tell me, if you want a new brand of bedding, I will order it, new tools, we can order" he said
" oh wow, ok thank you" I said shocked and walked out. I was very surprised with all the decisions I was allowed to make on my first day of work.

Chip showed me around the property showing me all the pens of animals and all the things I would be responsible for, we ended in the big barn with about 40 stalls and I started on my work for the day, I grabbed a wheelbarrow and started on the first stall.

  ☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼ 

I was currently half way done with all the stalls and it's around 8 am, I took off my sweatshirt because it's starting to get warm outside when I hear a whistle , I turn around to see who it was.
I smiled it was Luke, Alex and Matt.
" what are y'all doing here" I asked
" well we heard that you are working here now" Luke said and smirked.
" what are you talking about. You already knew that you liar" I said and made a face at him
" well congratulation" Luke said pulling me into him for a hug. " here's a dry congratulations. Not wet" he said and laughed. I giggled at his joke and leaned back in his arms.
" yo get a room you too" Matt said
I looked at him
" alright hold up we were literally just hugging that's it" I said" can two friends not hug" I asked
He put his hands up in defense" I was just joking" Matt said
" but anyways I gotta get back to work" I said. I bent down to grab the broom that had fallen.
I felt a hand smack my ass and I whipped around to come face to face with Luke

" why must you smack me" I asked and he chuckled
" shouldn't you guys be working" I asked
" shhh" Matt said and pushing his finisher up to his lips
" well goodbye boys" I said motioning them to leave.
I got back to what I was working on and then I finally finished the whole barn. I walk out of the barn and it had so gotten hot out. I headed up the steps and into the office to go find Chip. I walked in and saw Luke,Alex and,Matt all talking to Chip in his office area.
" oh hey Katie" Chip said
" these are some of the riders" he said and motioned towards the boys," this is my best rider Luke,"he said patting Luke on the back" if you need anything come talk to Luke and he will help you out. He can also show you around and I think you guys will get along very nicely. He also has a little sister who you probably would like. And this is Matt and Alex" he said.
I tried to butt in to tell him that I already knew them but they continued to talk over me.
" what are we just chopped liver" asked Matt
" well when you get to Luke's spot I will try to set you up with a pretty girl too but right now if you took her on a date you wouldn't even be able to afford her" chip said
" well how about a pay raise" said Alex
" well how about you stay on the bull longer then, we will talk" chip said
Matt and Alex looked at Chip as me and Luke just laughed
" what" Chip asked
" I actually know all three of these boys" I said
" oh" Chip said turning to look over at Luke
" then why haven't you asked her out yet" he said to Luke