Chapter 6 : Meeting the Romeo

CHAPTER 6:

''You have got to be shitting me!'' That was Daniel's reaction when I told him about my punishment. I grimaced and sighed remorsefully. Mom was still stuck on her Allyson-tortured-Dale theory. It was nowhere near truth, it was other way round actually but she was too cool to care.

''It sucks.''

''Thanks for reminding me that Daniel.'' I replied moodily,

''Now dont be this harsh on me, its not my fault.''

''I know that okay, I am sorry.'' I shoved the french fries in my mouth, even though I promised myself I would loose six kg weight this month, it was looking impossible. I wanted to avoid these oily foods but they were so irresistible that I was forced to break my diet plan again. Not everyone is as lucky as Carmen. If only I had a perfect figure, maybe Delenie would look at me in a different way.

''Ally!'' I snapped out of it and gave him an annoyed look,

''What?''

''Today is the play practice.'' Holy Shit! I totally forgot about that. It meant I had to stay after school for an hour with crazy people and not to mention Dale. He would attempt his best to embarrass me in front of anyone, no doubt about that. If only I could avoid the situation.

''Will you be there?'' i asked him hopefully, he took a gulp of orange juice before answering me,

''No, I am working backstage, its separate from the play practice. We won't work together until the actor have done their work.''

''Oh no.'' I groaned and buried my head on the table. This was so exasperating. I only want peace. A little bit freaking peace. Seems like it won't be coming soon.

''Can I skip it?''

''Your mom said to keep an eye on you.'' Mom found about me skipping school, she had gone berserk. No way in hell was I getting anywhere near escape. She had shut down all ways. She threatened me to ground me for three months if I skip again. I pointed out that I won't be able to do the job. That quite her up but God knows what methods of punishing me she could invent.

''Its your fault.'' Daniel ignored me and kept eating his burger like a pig. He really was a pig, eating, sleeping, watching TV all day. even a drunk person was more useful than him.

''You asked me to give those shitty auditions, now It feels like a death trap to me. I dont even want to act and_''

''Its not like I tortured you to give auditions dude, just get over it. You are mad at Dale but you are unnecessarily snapping at me.'' That really shut me up, I slumped back on my seat realizing I was over reacting.

''Sorry.''

''Its okay man''

''I am a girl jeez!''

''Hey you guys.'' We both stared at Carmen as she sat right next to Daniel. He was staring at her and then looked away. Wait, what was that? She was wearing a gleeful expression on her face.

''Hi there.'' I said lamely, she frowned at me

''Where were you yesterday?'' She asked me and I had a sudden urge to groan. I had already told this story to mom, then Daniel, then Dylan and now I was supposed to repeat it again?

''I was sick.'' I lied, she would bombard me with thousand questions anyways,

''Ally but you_'' I stomped Daniel's feet and a groan escape his lips, he looked at me accusingly but I just gave him a threatening look. Last time I used my face as a gamble with my mom it didn't worked but this time it shut him up.

''What happened to you?'' She asked eying him curiously.

''Emphysema.'' I nearly felt like slapping him across the face, he didn't even knew what emphysema was? Did he slept through all biology lessons?

''Funny sense of humor you got there.'' she muttered with annoyance,

''You think so, ha ha ha.'' he chuckled nervously and she just rolled her eyes at him.

''So whats with the beaming?'' I asked Carmen teasingly. I didn't failed to notice the eagerness and a weird expression on Daniel face as he stared at her, anticipating her answer.

''It's nothing.'' She blushed and looked away biting her lips.

''C'mon girl spill out.'' Carmen took a deep breath and looked at me with a grin. With the corner of my eyes I saw Daniel taking a gulp of his juice.

''I met a boy.'' She said with haste and suddenly Daniel choked on his drink, coughing furiously. We both gave him a worried look. All of sudden Carmen face changed,

''Oh my God! He really does have emphysema!'' She got up from her seat nearly knocked it it over.

''C'mon I will take you to the nurse.'' She offered, Daniel had stopped coughing,

''I am fine.'' He muttered and turned away.

''Where are you going?'' She asked him and he didn't bothered to answer but was out of the cafeteria.

''I guess he really got angry when I made fun of his emphysema, I should have known why he was acting weirdly nowadays.'' I used to think that Carmen was smarter than Daniel, guess all my assumptions were wrong.

''Will he die? is it fatal?''

''He just choked on his juice you idiot!'' I said irritated by her, one thing was sure...he was mad at her but the reason was something else.

''So who's that guy?'' I turned my attention back at her, she came around and sat adjacent to me.

''I met him in the mall, he is a freshmen and of this school.'' She actually worked in the mall across the big cinema near school, Carmen met a guy who made her this happy. Perhaps he was a nice fellow.

''So what's his name?''

''i dont know yet.'' She replied sheepishly,

''Oh joy.''

''i will ask him tomorrow though.''

''Why?'' I asked and pushed my tray away,

''We have a date.'' My jaw dropped on the floor. Seriously? This was just plain ridiculous.

''You don't even know his name Carmen and you asked him out?'' I demanded in a stern voice.

''Correction; he asked me out.''

''You are insane Carmen.''

''But he is so cute and I think this time it will totally click.''

''You said the same thing with James Bennett, Mason Jules, Peter Sain_''

''Oh now, lets forget past and rejoice the present.'' She was right, yet I had nothing to rejoice.

''Just dont tell Daniel about your date okay?'' I asked her and she seemed confused. I was having this instinct that it made him upset.

''Okay but why?''

''No reason...'' I needed to figure out the reason though. He seemed weird around her these days, he wanted her to work with him in play, he was shocked when she told us that she met a boy and he got a bit upset at her. All this led me to one conclusion. Maybe he had crush on Carmen.

A part of my mind refused the thought. they always fought each other, had nothing in common, they were like north and east. Not completely opposite but not completely alike either. If he did like her, it would made things even weirder. Perhaps the reason was something else.

He liked someone else and had his heart broken making him into a desperate lover, like I was for Delenie? I just had to wait for the bomb to drop.